Removing Scratches On Gps Screen?

Whilst out caching on my own yesterday I slipped on a particularly muddy cache and slid a short way down a bank. The main problem is I had our 7 year old's eTrex Yellow with me and the screen must have caught something when I fell as there is a surface scratch on it from left to right.

It's not too bad and still useable but ideally I'd like to make it look a bit better before said 7 year old finds out and is not too happy.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what I might use to try and make it look better?

It's just a surface scratch and not a deep one.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by The Bolas Heathens

LOL - not a bad idea <_<

I've been rubbing away with some toothpaste and iPod scratch remover and it's a bit better than it was. I'll persevere and see how I get on this evening.

Don't know about the scrathes, but maybe you could tell her/him it's time to upgrade and buy a new one?

A bit drastic, but I'm sure s/he'll be chuffed and you'll get to keep the spare as your own!

LOL - not a bad idea :)

Don't know about the scrathes, but maybe you could tell her/him it's time to upgrade and buy a new one?

A bit drastic, but I'm sure s/he'll be chuffed and you'll get to keep the spare as your own!

Joke

Just think 2 GPSr's you'll be able to go caching buy yourself <_<

I've upgraded to a new Garmin 60csx and it's fab but I need to put something on the screen to protect it. Where do you get the protector from?

A bit late for you - but you can get film made to protect PDA/Mobile/GPS screens. It is thin clear sticky back plastic.

I bough some a while back at Jessops (camera shops). They did a big pack and it had all different size templates and loads of screen protectors. They are really good, but I found that the picture looks slightly less clear...diffused looking.

Congrats on your new GPS :ph34r: I want one! :ph34r:

I use a Garmin case for my vista to protect screen...BUT..when it rains the plastic screen mists up ! anyone got any remedy for this ?..

Go into a motorcycle shop. They may have a demisting application spray that we use inside our visors. no guarantees that it'll work in the use you suggest.

I've upgraded to a new Garmin 60csx and it's fab but I need to put something on the screen to protect it. Where do you get the protector from?

A bit late for you - but you can get film made to protect PDA/Mobile/GPS screens. It is thin clear sticky back plastic.

Go on Ebay, Look under 'Sony PSP screen protectors' there is a guy selling screen protectors for these

2 for £1.99 post free

I got some they are OK and you could cut them down to fit.

Blokes ID. Kevan8497. PM him and give him the size you want. See what he says.

Edited by McDeHack

I use a Garmin case for my vista to protect screen...BUT..when it rains the plastic screen mists up ! anyone got any remedy for this ?..

Yep... take it out of the case... :anibad:

The Etrex series are pretty well proofed against the odd rain shower. My Legend doesn't get 'molly-coddled'. It's a tool to be used and get used it does, come hell or high water. I wouldn't suggest that you go scuba diving with it but being used in rain certainly won't harm it.

Yep... take it out of the case... :ph34r:

The Etrex series are pretty well proofed against the odd rain shower. My Legend doesn't get 'molly-coddled'. It's a tool to be used and get used it does, come hell or high water. I wouldn't suggest that you go scuba diving with it but being used in rain certainly won't harm it.

I had a slight mishap at "The Romans Were Here" GCTAZF and my Etrex Legend spent 6 hours in 6 feet of water before being rescued. I shook out the water, replaced the batteries and it hasn't missed a beat.