Garmin 60csx

Well I just recieved my tracking number from UPS for my new Garmin 60CSx. Delivery date is 1-20-06 and I just wanted to let people who are interested know that there are places online that are selling them for under the $499.00 price Garmin has set. I will gladly give out the info but, and I'm sorry if this sounds bad, only after I recieve the unit and check the credit card for the price they charged. I just don't want to give out false info as I have seen how many people on these forums have been ridiculed for giving false info in the past.

My 60CSx is on the Fedex truck out for delivery right now by 10:30am EST. I should have it any minute now.... hurry up mail room :blink:

When you get the GPS, throw some batteries in it, and go outside, then with a Stopwatch, time it to First Fix TTFF.

Tell us how long it takes to get the first lock.

-

Geoff

I will post that the prices I found ranged from $387.49 at www.getfeetwet.com for the cx and $428.00 for the csx. I also went to lakepowellmarine.com and got similar prices..the problem is 3-4 week delivery. I guess I can wait..but it would be sweet to find a faster means without the $$$.

As I was writing this..I got an e-mail from a company... 425..and will ship today. Hopefully I will hear from fuzzy!

My 60CSx is on the Fedex truck out for delivery right now by 10:30am EST. I should have it any minute now.... hurry up mail room :ph34r:

When you get the GPS, throw some batteries in it, and go outside, then with a Stopwatch, time it to First Fix TTFF.

Tell us how long it takes to get the first lock.

-

Geoff

First impressions...

After getting outside I turned on the unit and immediately had 5 sats blinking with the signal strength at full bars. It took 40 secs for them to lock on and give a position.

I have one problem with the unit however... for some reason I get full signal strength bars for sats 7 and WAAS 35 but they will not lock on, they just keep blinking. I let the unit sit for 40 mins and still no lock. The funny thing is that the other bars all show the 'D' meaning WAAS lock....

I'm on hold with Garmin right now...

I received mine yesterday from tvnav, along with a 512mb extra card. It is VERY sensitive. I live on the second floor of a 6 story apartment building, with very limited exposures. It got a lock, picking up between 4 and 6 satellites, and kept it.

Outside (in DC area, urban but not canyonlike), it got bars for everything in the sky, with filled in bars for 9-12 of them all the time, with some shifting of sats as I walked. Also would stay locked near my parking brake in the car. I can't wait to try it in the woods.

Haven't gotten detailed maps yet other than Topo, but I can see it's going to hold a huge area.

I'm happy!

Well good news the credit card was charged the correct amount and the unit has now left Philly hopefully arriving at my house tomorrow. The new Garmin 60CSx cost me $408.73 with $10.50 2nd day air. :ph34r: I guess now all I have to do is get the unit to make sure they really sent a 60csx.

Dude, I hope you get the right one. The prices I am seeing shows the 60CSX is $499. The regular 60CS (no X) is $408.73

I just got the e-mail from Lake powell marine. They upgraded me to free overnight, and I got the 60csx for 412!! more to follow. If anyone is intrested e-mail Phil at lake powell and tell him that I recommended them. They seem pretty nice..we will see... lakepowellmarineelectronics.com

Edited by machster
I just got the e-mail from Lake powell marine. They upgraded me to free overnight, and I got the 60csx for 412!! more to follow. If anyone is intrested e-mail Phil at lake powell and tell him that I recommended them. They seem pretty nice..we will see... lakepowellmarineelectronics.com

the 60csx at lake powell is listed at $499 and when in the cart remains at that price...you got a deal as well

the 60csx at lake powell is listed at $499 and when in the cart remains at that price...you got a deal as well

E-mail phil at their site. Ask what he can do for you. I am waiting for a response back from him to see if he will honor the price for a few people.

More to follow...