Itrac Discussion & Development

rxzephyr

This thread is dedicated to the development of ITRAC - the International Traveller Rescue & Assistance Coalition.

At the moment, I believe we should be working on the following:

We need a logo! People really identify with a picture, so I think that a logo would be very cool. Now that we have landed on a name that we're going to stick with, is there anyone with artistic ability who wants to take a stab at this? We've already had one attempt - which was very cool! Keep in mind the three themes we want our logo to contain: geocaching, travellers (bugs, coins, etc), and rescue. Maybe take a look at some SAR logos and use them as a concept? *shrugs*

We need a website & tracking method! We really need an online presence that we can point to when talking about who we are and what we do. The Frappr! site is a great start as is my 'excel' spreadsheet that I'm manually updating, but we need some place we can post policy, process, mission statements. I noticed that we have a DBA/DBD onboard - welcome! Now we just need some place we can put his talent to use. :unsure:

Of Men and Websites, we also need to decide what we're going to do with the ITBRL Frappr! website. I sent the Frappr! folks an email almost 2 weeks ago now and haven't heard anything from them. Of course, it was Christmas so they may not have been around. However, anyone have a thought for a contingency plan?

Speaking of policies, processes, mission statements....this is something else that we need to start to put some words around. We've already had people expressing concern about "how we're going to do this", so I think that putting some words around this sort of thing would be a great start!

I know this stuff isn't the fun stuff. We'd much rather be "out there" hitting the geocaches and rescuing travellers, but I think that having all of the above will give the group credibility and begin to increase our visibility.

Thoughts? Comments? Questions?

And, most importantly, volunteers? :blink:

RXZ

Hi,

In the sprit of the ITRAC this morning I led a mission to rescue two travel bugs that had been stuck in a local cache for over five weeks :ph34r: .

The mission was tuff, it involved climbing a large hill and then finding the captors hide out (A plastic container hidden in the woods).

Some of the team endured injuries during the mission (thorns in fingers :lol: ). But the rescue continued, we were thinking of the parents of two missing travel bugs.

Anyway the two stuck travel bugs are ok now after having a good breakfast and will be on the move soon.

Seriously I have started picking up bugs that haven’t moved in the last month from local caches. If all ITRAC members did this it would keep the bugs on the move. I know being a bug parent myself its good to see them on the move.

Have a look at our online log and silly photo of the rescue.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/log.aspx?L...8a-7aa8e5988e67

See ya…Gary (KiwiGary)

Four weeks is not really stuck. You can't force people to move travel bugs or to visit caches. What you can hope for is the right person to come along and want to move the bug and share stories and photos of it. How will the you get those stories if you send out a "rescuer" to move a bug because it sat for only a few weeks? 3 months, a full winter, then maybe your bug is stuck. I could see if the bug was in a race, then sure get help.