Making Labels For Coin Shipment

Ladycacher

Right now I am getting the labels and packaging ready for the KS coin. I am copying the address from pay-pal and pasting it onto the label format. Is there a way to merge it, upload it, etc. from pay-pal or ebay a easier way?

I do not have any programs other than WordPerfect 12. I am also using Avery label sheets that hold 30 address per sheet. I am then running that through a regular printer.

Thanks in advance.

Right now I am getting the labels and packaging ready for the KS coin. I am copying the address from pay-pal and pasting it onto the label format. Is there a way to merge it, upload it, etc. from pay-pal or ebay a easier way?

I do not have any programs other than WordPerfect 12. I am also using Avery label sheets that hold 30 address per sheet. I am then running that through a regular printer.

Thanks in advance.

WOW!!

That's pretty involved.

We use a MK1 paper and a MK2 pen.

;)

When I did my presales, I opened up Word and used the label format, then I also copied and pasted the addresses from my paypal emails and printed them out. I did them as they came in so I would not get behind. Then I wrote the number of coins on each label. I double checked them when I shut off presales. Now I have several pages of ready to go labels, when my coins come in. This is not a very high tech way to do it, but it worked for me.

Go to PayPal

Download as a .csv file pay special attention to the option that allows the address to be loaded as SEPARATE fileds (otherwise it's one big line)

You can then pull the fields you want -- I put the number of coins right after the name -- this made envelop stuffing WAY easier.

You can then bring this into a spreadsheet program to "clean" it up. (I also sorted on the country field to ensure I separeated envelopes that needed customs forms)

If you use Quatro Pro, are you also using WordPerfect? If so, it should import no problem. Open WordPerfect, select Label/Mail Merge, choose the Avery #, choose the Quattro Pro file and follow the wizard.

When I did mine, I have hundreds of customs labels to do -- so I printed "game token value $7" onto clear labels and just stuck them on.

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog

You can print your postage labels right from Paypal. It prints the postage and the address all in one. Tracking on your packages would only be 13 cents each...or free if shipping priority.

What I like best about this feature is NO huge lines to wait in at the post office. Just drop the envelopes into the box at the post office and they are on thier way.

To use this service is free...just pay for postage costs. I use it on all my Ebay transactions.

Go to PayPal

Download as a .csv file pay special attention to the option that allows the address to be loaded as SEPARATE fileds (otherwise it's one big line)

You can then pull the fields you want -- I put the number of coins right after the name -- this made envelop stuffing WAY easier.

You can then bring this into a spreadsheet program to "clean" it up. (I also sorted on the country field to ensure I separeated envelopes that needed customs forms)

If you use Quatro Pro, are you also using WordPerfect? If so, it should import no problem. Open WordPerfect, select Label/Mail Merge, choose the Avery #, choose the Quattro Pro file and follow the wizard.

When I did mine, I have hundreds of customs labels to do -- so I printed "game token value $7" onto clear labels and just stuck them on.

Trying it now....

Go to PayPal

How do you "pull the fields" you want?

I am new to this program..... ;)

I bought a Brother thermal printer for $30 after rebate. Paypal knows how to talk to this printer. So I just need to click "ship", fill out the USPS info and press print. A few seconds later a prepaid label shoots out of the printer. Drop the whole mess off at the post office (no lines), and that's it!

This isn't the cheapest method (requires paypal merchant I think, plus the thermal label runs about $.20 per print), but its probably the fastest! Also get delivery confirmation, automatic emailing of tracking numbers, etc.

I battled the trade off (cost vs. time) and time won ;)

Hmm . . . . The easiest way would be to send the csv file to someone who has Word along with the label size you want to use. They could in 10 minutes create the file you need and sent it back. I would do it, but may not have decent access to my computer until Thursday. If it can wait until then let me know. I can have it done in less than 30 minutes.

Southbayday