Caching Through The Snow!

caylor

My vote would be walk around alot in large area. Since the gps is only going to get them to a general area walk around to other trees and rocks within a 30 ft radius. Of couse if it a hard hind this might be accomplished by you intial search.

edit: spelling

Edited by Polar B's

I just walk around the area creating misleading tracks. I'll stand for a while in a few spots to make it look like I had found the cache there.

I heard of at least one person who brings a bottle of water and yellow food coloring and will pour it near the cache so it looks like he just went off trail to take a leak.

I was just in a place that I got to first. Yeah, an FTF! The snow fall of the previous night put a smile on my face; I knew I had it. Although, I thought 'I knew I had it' at a couple of other probables for this cache. My meanderings I thought were a good thing upon reflection. To the actual cache site, I had the good fortune to be on a road a couple of feet below GZ, so I back doored the thing ( in this case easy to do ), thereby leaving little evidence ( from the road at least). Later that night, I had another first. My first night cache ( in snow of course ). That was cool ( cold ). I and another trod recklessly through the area, thinking the weatherm en would be righton with their 4-6" more prediction. Well, we got the cache, not the snow. Oh well.

Tread lightly if possible, if not, be bold in the cold!

-viking66

If you can figure out where the cache probably is, go past the area, and go off trail somewhere else then came at the cache from the back side. Which is better than just going off trail and directly to the cache.

If that won't work, or you can't find it where you think it is, then wander all over the place so every tree and rock for say 80ft has tracks around it. Anyone trying to follow you will have to go in the same screwy pattern B) .