Another Trl Bearbait Encounter

Team Rampant Lion

I was in the Sparta Mountain WMA today placing a series of new and challenging caches in advance of a group hike being organized for Sunday, December 11th and came across another black bear. While he was eager to get away, I did snap a few pics.

After you've checked out the pics, leave a note whether you can join us for the group hike. There will be at least 4 new caches (which I placed today) and likely a few more. Hope to see you there!

b470ff3e-d01d-418e-bf4d-29cfe4bd5391.jpg

The AM hike is going to be great! Treequest and Woodlit joined me today to help reseed the area and there will be at least 8 new, challenging caches to be had. Our biggest challenge will be to see if we can complete them all in under 4 hours and get to Kroghs for the event.

One advisement, if you have walking sticks or treking poles, I suggest you bring them. I ended up on my behind several times with the loose leaves today. If we have a bit of snow it will be a real challenge.

Looking forward to a great day. For you diehards, there may be the potential for you to go home with 15-20 smilies! ;)