San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

...It would make sense to meet at Blue Sky and then drive into Lake Poway so we only have to pay entry for one vehicle...

They charge? I guess they only charge on weekends. Both times I have gone caching here, I have not paid. There was no one at the kiosk and both times, I parked right next to the ranger station. And both times were on weekday mornings.

I have been there twice too but both times were on a weekend and both times hit me for 5 bucks. But it has been 2-3 years since I was there last so maybe they don't charge anymore....

What time you want to meet? Can you say Pyst in the forums?

How about 9AM at Blue Sky parking lot? I wouldn't mind sleeping in a little! :ph34r:

9 sounds good to me. See you there.

OK! Don't forget to bring the photos for the Woodson Trails Photo cache!

Edited by TrailGators

I was at Lake Poway about 2 weeks ago on a Sunday and they charged $4 to park at the lake. However, there was a parking lot down near Espola that was free parking. (it just requires a little more walking) The main lot was full at the time so I was forced to park in the free parking area.

I would also recommend solving "Developing A Cache" before doing Blue Sky......

Still not sure if I can make it or not. Have to clear it through Rogue in the morning.

I was at Lake Poway about 2 weeks ago on a Sunday and they charged $4 to park at the lake. However, there was a parking lot down near Espola that was free parking. (it just requires a little more walking) The main lot was full at the time so I was forced to park in the free parking area.

Still not sure if I can make it or not. Have to clear it through Rogue in the morning.

I'll hit the three caches farther up up the Blue Sky trail on a another day. Plus I still need to solve "Developing A Cache" before I do that hike.

If you can go meet us at Conno's Cache at 9AM!

Edited by TrailGators

They did charge me 4 bucks yesterday because I'm a "Non-Poway resident, but maybe they only charge on weekends....

I also solved "Developing A Cache" last night (with a little help from my friends) so it looks like Blue Sky is ahead! :shocked:

They did charge me 4 bucks yesterday because I'm a "Non-Poway resident, but maybe they only charge on weekends....

I also solved "Developing A Cache" last night (with a little help from my friends) so it looks like Blue Sky is ahead! ;)

I saw about the ticks! I am glad to have missed that.. Those things creep me out. :shocked:

I also solved "Developing A Cache" last night (with a little help from my friends) so it looks like Blue Sky is ahead! :D

I saw about the ticks! I am glad to have missed that.. Those things creep me out. :D

I got 26 of them on me when I found "Extorted Treasure!" :) Now I guess there won't be any new Adelos puzzles in the Steele Canyon area! :D

Anyone up for doing the caches in Blue Sky preserve on Saturday morning? Sunday is out because it is Mother's Day! :) I have "Developing a Cache" solved. I think it is about a six mile hike.

Saturday is recovery from the MTRP hike for me, and we are going to Magic Mountain! :D

Anyone up for doing the caches in Blue Sky preserve on Saturday morning? Sunday is out because it is Mother's Day! :) I have "Developing a Cache" solved. I think it is about a six mile hike.

Saturday is recovery from the MTRP hike for me, and we are going to Magic Mountain! :D

I am supposed to go to a party with my wife that night....

Do you know what time that hike starts and ends (in case I can get out of it)?

Anyone up for doing the caches in Blue Sky preserve on Saturday morning? Sunday is out because it is Mother's Day! :wacko: I have "Developing a Cache" solved. I think it is about a six mile hike.

I am definitely interested. It'll be a nice break from MTRP. (My GPSr says I've logged almost thirty-five miles there in the last month -- though, of course, that's nothing compared to the mileage that cegrube has racked up. :laughing: ) I'll have to see how my weekend schedule shakes out but Saturday morning might work out well for me. :wacko:

Anyone up for doing the caches in Blue Sky preserve on Saturday morning? Sunday is out because it is Mother's Day! <_< I have "Developing a Cache" solved. I think it is about a six mile hike.

Saturday is recovery from the MTRP hike for me, and we are going to Magic Mountain! :laughing:

I am not sure, but I believe the event starts at 6pm, then the hike will start around 7:30pm or 8pm. 10-13 miles at night, with a group, will probably take all night. I will be surprised if we can finish it all before 3am. I am assuming (yes I know what that means) :tired: , that the group will stick together for the most part. FRS is on the list to bring. They will be on channel 1 to start.

Paul

Anyone up for doing the caches in Blue Sky preserve on Saturday morning? Sunday is out because it is Mother's Day! <_< I have "Developing a Cache" solved. I think it is about a six mile hike.

Saturday is recovery from the MTRP hike for me, and we are going to Magic Mountain! :laughing:

I am not sure, but I believe the event starts at 6pm, then the hike will start around 7:30pm or 8pm. 10-13 miles at night, with a group, will probably take all night. I will be surprised if we can finish it all before 3am. I am assuming (yes I know what that means) :tired: , that the group will stick together for the most part. FRS is on the list to bring. They will be on channel 1 to start.

Paul

I have another commitment so have fun. Even if I didn't I would have a really hard time staying awake until 3AM. It's not really my choice, I just have this really bad habit of falling asleep at night. <_<

Anyone up for doing the caches in Blue Sky preserve on Saturday morning? Sunday is out because it is Mother's Day! :( I have "Developing a Cache" solved. I think it is about a six mile hike.

Saturday is recovery from the MTRP hike for me, and we are going to Magic Mountain! :ph34r:

I am not sure, but I believe the event starts at 6pm, then the hike will start around 7:30pm or 8pm. 10-13 miles at night, with a group, will probably take all night. I will be surprised if we can finish it all before 3am. I am assuming (yes I know what that means) :( , that the group will stick together for the most part. FRS is on the list to bring. They will be on channel 1 to start.

Paul

I have another commitment so have fun. Even if I didn't I would have a really hard time staying awake until 3AM. It's not really my choice, I just have this really bad habit of falling asleep at night. :)

Bummer Pat..we're gonna miss you :P But have a good weekend and be extra nice on Sunday!!!! r/ jodi

Anyone up for doing the caches in Blue Sky preserve on Saturday morning? Sunday is out because it is Mother's Day! :( I have "Developing a Cache" solved. I think it is about a six mile hike.

Saturday is recovery from the MTRP hike for me, and we are going to Magic Mountain! :ph34r:

I am not sure, but I believe the event starts at 6pm, then the hike will start around 7:30pm or 8pm. 10-13 miles at night, with a group, will probably take all night. I will be surprised if we can finish it all before 3am. I am assuming (yes I know what that means) :( , that the group will stick together for the most part. FRS is on the list to bring. They will be on channel 1 to start.

Paul

I have another commitment so have fun. Even if I didn't I would have a really hard time staying awake until 3AM. It's not really my choice, I just have this really bad habit of falling asleep at night. :)

Bummer Pat..we're gonna miss you :P But have a good weekend and be extra nice on Sunday!!!! r/ jodi

:) Hi Jodi, I'll been constantly reminding myself what Sunday is! I've already sent a card out to my mom and I always call her too! She's 3000 miles away so a visit isn't going to happen. I also reminded my kids too!

Anyhow you guys have fun! Looks like I'll be a SDCET of one for Blue Sky Saturday morning. I'll probably get out there around 9:30AM. So if any of you night owls have any energy left feel free to meet me there! :)

Anyhow you guys have fun! Looks like I'll be a SDCET of one for Blue Sky Saturday morning. I'll probably get out there around 9:30AM. So if any of you night owls have any energy left feel free to meet me there! :o

Perhaps not just one...

Where do the "one of you" intend to meet? (Blue Sky Parking Lot?) What's your intended route?

I just found out that my neighbor wants to come too. He has never geocached but seems interested and wants to get some exercise. Anyhow, the plan would be to start at Blue Sky Parking lot at ~9:30AM and head up to Two Dams View - Blue Sky. Then we'd continue on to Two Damns View - Ramona and then up to a puzzle cache called Developing a Cache. On the way back we would hit Above the Sky and then head back. I think it is about 6 miles roundtrip...

ea77854f-6718-4414-9d1c-2a25bf8ac28c.jpg

I just found out that my neighbor wants to come too. He has never geocached but seems interested and wants to get some exercise. Anyhow, the plan would be to start at Blue Sky Parking lot at ~9:30AM and head up to Two Dams View - Blue Sky. Then we'd continue on to Two Damns View - Ramona and then up to a puzzle cache called Developing a Cache. On the way back we would hit Above the Sky and then head back. I think it is about 6 miles roundtrip...

Sounds like a good time...I'm planning to be there then.

One question...could we stop off at "Kerens Micro Blue Sky Cache"? It looks like you find this back a couple of years ago. I went looking for it in February. I'm pretty convinced that it is gonzo, but it would be good to get confirmation from someone who has seen it (assuming, of course, you remember where it was hidden... :o )

One question...could we stop off at "Kerens Micro Blue Sky Cache"? It looks like you find this back a couple of years ago. I went looking for it in February. I'm pretty convinced that it is gonzo, but it would be good to get confirmation from someone who has seen it (assuming, of course, you remember where it was hidden... :o )

We can stop but it's in the middle of some rocks (don't remember which one) with Poison Oak so I'll watch you go get it... :D

If I can get there, I can help find "Keren's Blue Sky Micro" . . . which isn't actually a micro anymore, and which needs a new container, if we find the other one.

The non-waterproof container I found was about 3" in diameter by 8" long. Anyone have a waterproof container about that size around their house?

If I can get there, I can help find "Keren's Blue Sky Micro" . . . which isn't actually a micro anymore, and which needs a new container, if we find the other one.

And if we don't find "the other one", it still needs a new container (...and a new log, and a new pen/pencil, and new swag... ) :o

....and you'd really be helping that cacher out! I think it's very cool when people are nice enough to do that! :D

I remember where it is (or at least should be). I will try to be there in the morning but it will depend on if I am awake or not. Maybe I should just skip sleep tonight. :D

I remember where it is (or at least should be). I will try to be there in the morning but it will depend on if I am awake or not. Maybe I should just skip sleep tonight. :D

I'm going to try to be there too. I don't want you going off and doing Developing A Cache without me.

I'll post again tonight to confirm...unless you're willing to carry me up that hill if needed. :D

One question...could we stop off at "Kerens Micro Blue Sky Cache"? It looks like you find this back a couple of years ago. I went looking for it in February. I'm pretty convinced that it is gonzo, but it would be good to get confirmation from someone who has seen it (assuming, of course, you remember where it was hidden... :ph34r: )

I remember where it is (or at least should be). I will try to be there in the morning but it will depend on if I am awake or not. Maybe I should just skip sleep tonight. :o

I'm going to try to be there too. I don't want you going off and doing Developing A Cache without me.

I'll post again tonight to confirm...unless you're willing to carry me up that hill if needed. :)

Ok, it's after 3AM and I just walked in from MTRP. Guess what, I'm not going to Blue Sky. Have fun.

One question...could we stop off at "Kerens Micro Blue Sky Cache"? It looks like you find this back a couple of years ago. I went looking for it in February. I'm pretty convinced that it is gonzo, but it would be good to get confirmation from someone who has seen it (assuming, of course, you remember where it was hidden... :) )

I remember where it is (or at least should be). I will try to be there in the morning but it will depend on if I am awake or not. Maybe I should just skip sleep tonight. :ph34r:

I'll post again tonight to confirm...unless you're willing to carry me up that hill if needed. :D

Ok, it's after 3AM and I just walked in from MTRP. Guess what, I'm not going to Blue Sky. Have fun.

That's what Starbucks is for! :o

One question...could we stop off at "Kerens Micro Blue Sky Cache"? It looks like you find this back a couple of years ago. I went looking for it in February. I'm pretty convinced that it is gonzo, but it would be good to get confirmation from someone who has seen it (assuming, of course, you remember where it was hidden... :) )

I remember where it is (or at least should be). I will try to be there in the morning but it will depend on if I am awake or not. Maybe I should just skip sleep tonight. :ph34r:

I'll post again tonight to confirm...unless you're willing to carry me up that hill if needed. :)

That's what Starbucks is for! :o

I left MTRP at the same time Toby's Gang did and somehow I am awake now. I will try to be there on time. :D

That's a very good shot Karen! You really have a knack for photography! :lol:

That's LLOT, me and Radio Racers enjoying the shade. As we were walking back though the woods LLOT was telling us about when he hiked up Mount Whitney. I didn't know that Mount Whitney is the highest peak in the lower 48. :lol:

Edited by TrailGators

That's LLOT, me and Radio Racers enjoying the shade. As we were walking back though the woods LLOT was telling us about when he hiked up Mount Whitney. I didn't know that Mount Whitney is the highest peak in the lower 48. :lol:

Wow....that is a very nice shot!

Funny thing...in what way is the "lower 48" really lower? It can't be latitude because Hawaii is the southern most state.

BTW, here's a good trivia question: Name the northern most, southern most, western most and eastern most states? (I've already given one of the four...)

Wow....that is a very nice shot!

Funny thing...in what way is the "lower 48" really lower? It can't be latitude because Hawaii is the southern most state.

BTW, here's a good trivia question: Name the northern most, southern most, western most and eastern most states? (I've already given one of the four...)

Alaska! :D

Anyone fancy doing the Sandy Creek Cowboy caches in a couple of weeks? I'm thinking of Sunday the 28th of May.

I'd love to get out there but I'm not sure my little car is really suitable, so if we could meet and carpool or something, that'd be great.

too far away for me to say for sure if I can make it yet but I will try. I will see if I can fit a ladder in the trunk of my car. The only one I really need to do still is #1 (the only one that requires a hike).

Your car shouldn't have a problem getting to these caches. The roads near them aren't bad.

Anyone fancy doing the Sandy Creek Cowboy caches in a couple of weeks? I'm thinking of Sunday the 28th of May.

I'd love to get out there but I'm not sure my little car is really suitable, so if we could meet and carpool or something, that'd be great.

too far away for me to say for sure if I can make it yet but I will try. I will see if I can fit a ladder in the trunk of my car. The only one I really need to do still is #1 (the only one that requires a hike).

Your car shouldn't have a problem getting to these caches. The roads near them aren't bad.

La Posta Truck Trail is a graded and well maintained dirt road. No problem for city autos.

Really hope you make it out to the cowboy caches, especially to the more interesting ones.