*** This Just In***

RocketMan

So are we sending out a search party for Dan-oh? And what about that guy Parsa?

Can't speak for Parsa, but lately Dan-Oh has been spending time re-enabling Snakes and Ladders.

(My 10-mile radius was down to 3 caches, but now that this one is back on my list, it may be awhile before I can clear 10 miles... :):):o )

I actually ran into him at Kit Carson last weekend as I was grabbing the new multi and he was updating Snakes & Ladders. Seems to be doing well, and actually mentioned that there were a few things assembling themselves in his garage :lol: Can't wait! :)

Edited by FlagMan
<snip> mentioned that there were a few things assembling themselves in his garage :) Can't wait! :)

Assembling themselves??? Has he developed nano technology to the point that they are replicating themselves? :lol:

What would really be cool is if he can create the Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01!

Don't distract me. I'm trying to work... But I AM ready to be assimilated ... please?

<snip> mentioned that there were a few things assembling themselves in his garage :o Can't wait! :)

Assembling themselves??? Has he developed nano technology to the point that they are replicating themselves? :lol:

What would really be cool is if he can create the Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01!

Don't distract me. I'm trying to work... But I AM ready to be assimilated ... please?

I wonder if Dan-oh knows Seven of Nine? :)
This just in ....

a9afd37b-99ef-46d2-a343-64c56b1110e6.jpg

Seeing double with the Geobabes. Honk if you know where this is.

Honk! Love the effect on this one!

Me too! :P

Not sure where it is because there are so many areas that look like that....

Thanks. Can't miss with the Geobabes. Secret to the location can be found on the Geobabe profile pages.

For you Photoshop devotees this shot features some editing in LAB mode with color boost in the a and b channels and sharpening in the L channel only. By the way, I left a clue so that you can tell which set of Geobabes was 'shopped into this image.

I should also mention that east-county country gals hate to be photographed from this angle. Thought I should mention that before Pqmommy beats me to the punch. Hi Carol.

Edited by SD Rowdies
Thanks. Can't miss with the Geobabes. Secret to the location can be found on the Geobabe profile pages.

For you Photoshop devotees this shot features some editing in LAB mode with color boost in the a and b channels and sharpening in the L channel only.

I thought it was cheating to look there? I'll let someone else guess that doesn't have to look there... :P

For you Photoshop devotees this shot features some editing in LAB mode with color boost in the a and b channels and sharpening in the L channel only.

I thought it was cheating to look there? I'll let someone else guess that doesn't have to look there... :P

Pat, good point. You're are a man of honor.

I was just following the ground rules set many moons ago. Anyhow, my guess would have been Mast Park. By the way, I'm not totally sure what you meant by "color boost in the a and b channels and sharpening in the L channel only." My Photoshop memory must be fading..... Edited by TrailGators

I thought it was cheating to look there? I'll let someone else guess that doesn't have to look there... :drama:

I was just following the ground rules set many moons ago. Anyhow, my guess would have been Mast Park. By the way, I'm not totally sure what you meant by "color boost in the a and b channels and sharpening in the L channel only." My Photoshop memory must be fading.....

No, you just need some new Photoshop memories. The interest in Photoshop Banter lessons died off before I ever got to the good stuff. The good stuff includes the LAB-mode color space that's best suited in many cases for color corrections. ... and by the way LAB isn't short for "Laboratory." One should say 'L,' ,'a,' 'b' rather than "lab." One of the Banter lessons did make use of of the lightness (L) channel for something or other as I recall but the lessons never made it to the powerful stuff. Simply said, LAB is one portal into the mind-blowing power of Photoshop. You would be thrilled by what it can do for those Moab photos of the canyons and vistas.

Edited by SD Rowdies

I thought it was cheating to look there? I'll let someone else guess that doesn't have to look there... :drama:

I was just following the ground rules set many moons ago. Anyhow, my guess would have been Mast Park. By the way, I'm not totally sure what you meant by "color boost in the a and b channels and sharpening in the L channel only." My Photoshop memory must be fading.....

No, you just need some new Photoshop memories. The interest in Photoshop Banter lessons died off before I ever got to the good stuff. The good stuff includes the LAB-mode color space that's best suited in many cases for color corrections. ... and by the way LAB isn't short for "Laboratory." One should say 'L,' ,'a,' 'b' rather than "lab." One of the Banter lessons did make use of of the lightness (L) channel for something or other as I recall but the lessons never made it to the powerful stuff. Simply said, LAB is one portal into the mind-blowing power of Photoshop. You would be thrilled by what it can do for those Moab photos of the canyons and vistas.

True. It seemed like you were only teaching me and maybe LLOT at the end there. But then again there may have been lurkers. I am still pecking away at the Photoshop book that I got for Christmas of 2005. What really gets interest going is new applications of PS like the one you just posted. Stuff like that make me want to take photos in a slightly different way, so I can have the peices I need to create something cool like the one you did! The phoot you just did sort of reminds me of the one that you posted for our Old Highway 80 hike, where we were all faded away on the trail.....That was neat too! :blink:
The phoot you just did...

"Phoot"? ;):P:drama:

That's what you call a photo after Harmon is done with it... :P It could also describe something that I put in my mouth way too often! :P

No, all wrong.........Phoot is what Harmon is going to get where the sun doesn't shine!

We wondered why he dropped back so far on the trail, we thought he made yet another trip

into the bushes, so we didn't look back! :)

Never a dull moment!

Splashette :blink:

"Phoot"? :P;):drama:

That's what you call a photo after Harmon is done with it... :P It could also describe something that I put in my mouth way too often! :)

No, all wrong.........Phoot is what Harmon is going to get where the sun doesn't shine!

We wondered why he dropped back so far on the trail, we thought he made yet another trip

into the bushes, so we didn't look back! B)

Never a dull moment!

Splashette :P

Does that kind of phhhhhhhhooooooot happen after eating at DQ? :blink:

"Phoot"? ;):P:)

That's what you call a photo after Harmon is done with it... B) It could also describe something that I put in my mouth way too often! :drama:

into the bushes, so we didn't look back! :P

Never a dull moment!

Splashette :D

Only to the male geobabe........must be a guy thing! :P

"Phoot"? ;):P:)

That's what you call a photo after Harmon is done with it... B) It could also describe something that I put in my mouth way too often! :drama:

into the bushes, so we didn't look back! :P

Never a dull moment!

Splashette :D

Only to the male Geobabe........must be a guy thing! :P

Why I never .... I just love it when Splashette talks mean to me like that.

Ain't she th' sweetest thang? Kiss-kiss.

Edited by SD Rowdies

*** This Just In *** - Some Happy Cachers in Yuma

Hey! I know that crowd. I thought Geocaching events were all about finding Geocaches. Gone astray have we?
That was a brief stop after we walked all over downtown Yuma to find nine caches with our flashlights. After a brief rest we drove out and found four more caches including Goin' to the Can, which was the Blonds 600th find! Woo Hoo! We also found The Singing Skeleton which was very fun!
Just wait until Harmon sees the photo that we posed for while doing Hay Man it's Alfalfa! B)

I checked the log and no photo. Y'all had a little cocktail before doing that cache, huh?

Not everyone has logged yet.... :D:)

The cache has been re-named....."Hay man, size matters" :mad:

:mad::cry: I forgot who took the photo...Wasn't it Splashette?

Let's see if I got this right...you're standing there with your GPSr hanging out in the breeze and you don't remember who had the camera??? :)

Just wait until Harmon sees the photo that we posed for while doing Hay Man it's Alfalfa! :D

I checked the log and no photo. Y'all had a little cocktail before doing that cache, huh?

Not everyone has logged yet.... :D:mad:

The cache has been re-named....."Hay man, size matters" :mad:

B):D I forgot who took the photo...Wasn't it Splashette?

Let's see if I got this right...you're standing there with your GPSr hanging out in the breeze and you don't remember who had the camera??? :D

Hay man! I didn't notice that it had been posted already! :D:cry::):D

8d074cf2-240b-4ee4-89b6-b30b44dd96d3.jpg

We learned how to use our GPS'd like this from the MASTER.....Harmon! :)

Edited by TrailGators
Just wait until Harmon sees the photo that we posed for while doing Hay Man it's Alfalfa! :rolleyes:

Not everyone has logged yet.... ;):lol:

The cache has been re-named....."Hay man, size matters" :blink:

:o:) I forgot who took the photo...Wasn't it Splashette?

Let's see if I got this right...you're standing there with your GPSr hanging out in the breeze and you don't remember who had the camera??? :o

Hay man! I didn't notice that it had been posted already! :D:D:o:)

We learned how to use our GPS'd like this from the MASTER.....Harmon! :lol:

You expected it would take weeks for me to log the cache, didn't you? :mad: Well, one down and about 34 to go.... :D

Just wait until Harmon sees the photo that we posed for while doing Hay Man it's Alfalfa! :rolleyes:

Not everyone has logged yet.... ;):lol:

:o:) I forgot who took the photo...Wasn't it Splashette?

Let's see if I got this right...you're standing there with your GPSr hanging out in the breeze and you don't remember who had the camera??? :o

Hay man! I didn't notice that it had been posted already! :D:D:o:)

You expected it would take weeks for me to log the cache, didn't you? :mad:

Ha ha! Yes I did! :D

Not everyone has logged yet.... :lol::)

:mad::o I forgot who took the photo...Wasn't it Splashette?

Let's see if I got this right...you're standing there with your GPSr hanging out in the breeze and you don't remember who had the camera??? :)

Hay man! I didn't notice that it had been posted already! :D:D:o;)

Maybe it's time for someone to restart this thread from way back when. Here was my submittal with a little pre-Harmon Photoshop work :o :

8722_1000.jpg

We learned how to use our GPS's like this from the MASTER.....Harmon! :rolleyes:

81a23b1b-7387-4289-83e4-22f05a1575c6.jpg

Well, o.k., maybe I did start that behavior. Still, y'all look like farm boys at your first Manhattan peep-show.

It's a proud moment for Geocaching I must say. Next time the news media wants to feature Geocaching do remember to strike that pose for them. Hopefully you had your units set to "Off Road" and "Map Up."

Don't forget t' flush, Yuma needs th' water.

Edited by SD Rowdies