*** This Just In***

RocketMan

Quizz:

What was th' name of Gene Autry's horse?

Wasn't it something like "Trigger's Mango"? :(

What was the nickname of Gene Autry's movie sidekick c.1940?

:D Burnette

Good answers. Burnette was the actor's name but what was his nickname in the movies?

As far as the horse is concerned we're not talkin' about that girly-boy that rode th' yeller horse. He was a member of the band in the Autry movies.

Say! ain't that FlagMan a hunk?

Edited by SD Rowdies
Quizz:

Good answers. Burnette was the actor's name but what was his nickname in the movies?

Oh, right. The nickname wasn't " :D ", it was " :( ".

As far as the horse is concerned we're not talkin' about that girly-boy that rode th' yeller horse.

I guess only a real trivia Champion would know the name of the horse... :(

Edited by Let's Look Over Thayer
Quizz:

Oh, right. The nickname wasn't " :D ", it was " :( ".

As far as the horse is concerned we're not talkin' about that girly-boy that rode th' yeller horse.?

I'm not an expert.

I just looked it up.

Horse's name was "Champion" :D .

Smiley Burnette was his partner's real name

Pat Butram and Noah Beery helped too.

Quizz:

Oh, right. The nickname wasn't " :( ", it was " :D ".

As far as the horse is concerned we're not talkin' about that girly-boy that rode th' yeller horse.?

I'm not an expert.

I just looked it up.

Horse's name was "Champion" :D .

Smiley Burnette was his partner's real name

Pat Butram and Noah Beery helped too.

Champion, yes. Nickname not yet.

This just in ...

0b0b0387-21f5-41a3-bcc8-5fde7830dc1a.jpg

Anybody want a copy of that misprint?

I thought those weren't supposed to see the light of day......

Cool balloons! Sorry I missed it but unfortunately my truck was in the shop and my wife and daughter were not gonna give up their vehickels so I could go to "some caching thing." :( Anyhow, Happy Birthday guys! :D

Oh, right. The nickname wasn't " :( ", it was " :wub: ".

Nickname not yet.

Dang, I thought it was :wub: Millhouse...

How about "Frog" (Looks like LLOT beat me to it again....)

Edited by FlagMan

Oh, right. The nickname wasn't " :( ", it was " :wub: ".

Nickname not yet.

Dang, I thought it was :wub: Millhouse...

How about "Frog" (Looks like LLOT beat me to it again....)

Yes, yes, yes ... the character he played was named Frog Milhouse. In the Autry movies he was called "Froggy." So what can you do with this trivia now that we've worn it down to the nub? Uh-oh, y'all will turn this into another one of them danged puzzle caches won't you?

Edited by SD Rowdies
The Island of the Misfit Geocaches

3b1b4612-356d-4e2d-9967-72067c57b15e.jpg

This is where you find cracked tupperware, soggy logbooks, micros under lampskirts, caches that are 80' off their coordinates and so on...

:):D:):D

I just got through shoveling all of that white stuff and there is more coming. :D I didn't find any misfit geocaches. Maybe I buried them. :D

The Island of the Misfit Geocaches

3b1b4612-356d-4e2d-9967-72067c57b15e.jpg

This is where you find cracked tupperware, soggy logbooks, micros under lampskirts, caches that are 80' off their coordinates and so on...

:D:D:D<_<

I just got through shoveling all of that white stuff and there is more coming. :D I didn't find any misfit geocaches. Maybe I buried them. :D

Shoveling? You haven't bought a snow blower yet? :D Your back will thank you whenever you do! :D

This just in ...

5ec48a1e-9df5-48d0-8ec2-62fe06cb88bb.jpg

Today Splashette wanted a very special location to commemorate her 5,800th find. We located the perfect spot for Janie to celebrate her momentous achievement and to show how the game is played by a trained professional. Honestly, she walked right to the coordinates and had the tricky hide in hand as quick as a wink. That girl is good!

O yeah, Splashman ain't all that bad either.

Edited by SD Rowdies
This just in ...

5ec48a1e-9df5-48d0-8ec2-62fe06cb88bb.jpg

Today Splashette wanted a very special location to commemorate her 5,800th find. We located the perfect spot for Janie to celebrate her momentous achievement and to show how the game is played by a trained professional. Honestly, she walked right to the coordinates and had the tricky hide in hand as quick as a wink. That girl is good!

O yeah, Splashman ain't all that bad either.

After 5800 finds you think she could run circles around that one! :) Congrats Splashette! :)

So, just wanted to share with the local geocachers that Fox 6 news came out and did an interview with myself and the boys on Geocaching. I believe they're going to air the interview on Feb 8th. And I really hope that we represented the sport well. We took them out to two geocaches...San Pasqual Pioneers Cementary and One Wild Story. I posted photos to both cache sites, however, will share a couple here. Once we get a definate date on when the story airs, I'll let you all know. I believe they're going to post the story on their website as well. We even mentioned some of our fellow cachers!

This first image is of the older Jr. Geogeek being interviewed. Kevin( younger geogeek and I just about pee'd ourselves laughing when he mentioned he liked to take girls out geocaching. I guess it is a good date too. :laughing:

1fcd25fc-0de2-43c4-a72b-680b40017827.jpg

Here we are at the cache. The cameraman was focused on the cache itself and what was inside it. This is where we mentioned some of the folks that signed the log....flagman, spashette, skimmer.......etc.

06393e2c-c89f-4528-a85a-2d1650b45b89.jpg

Kevin (youngest geogeek) was asked to help out. I think he may have found the career to go after now!

ed619054-43e6-4762-b184-6db9863ec5bf.jpg

This is at One Wild Story Cache. They did some "teaser" shots here. Meaning, they're commercials of what's comming up on the news.

9cdac50c-fe42-48e0-8476-6b49c5489f85.jpg

So, just wanted to share with the local geocachers that Fox 6 news came out and did an interview with myself and the boys on Geocaching. I believe they're going to air the interview on Feb 8th. And I really hope that we represented the sport well. We took them out to two geocaches...San Pasqual Pioneers Cementary and One Wild Story. I posted photos to both cache sites, however, will share a couple here. Once we get a definate date on when the story airs, I'll let you all know. I believe they're going to post the story on their website as well. We even mentioned some of our fellow cachers!

This first image is of the older Jr. Geogeek being interviewed. Kevin( younger geogeek and I just about pee'd ourselves laughing when he mentioned he liked to take girls out geocaching. I guess it is a good date too. :laughing:

Here we are at the cache. The cameraman was focused on the cache itself and what was inside it. This is where we mentioned some of the folks that signed the log....flagman, spashette, skimmer.......etc.

Kevin (youngest geogeek) was asked to help out. I think he may have found the career to go after now!

This is at One Wild Story Cache. They did some "teaser" shots here. Meaning, they're commercials of what's comming up on the news.

NICE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEA< LET US KNOW, AND I WANT A AUTOGRAPH, START CALLING YOU TEAM HOLLEYWOOD :blink::huh::P:huh:

That is really cool! :blink: I can't wait to see the story on TV.

That is really cool! :blink: I can't wait to see the story on TV.

Very cooool! :huh: The "Cementary" is a cool spot! I never thought of it that way, but I guess people are covered with cement there... :P:huh: Did you forget about the very cool and nearby Dan-oh caches? :P

Very Cool! Please post the website link when it is available. RM

Very cooool! :) The "Cementary" is a cool spot! I never thought of it that way, but I guess people are covered with cement there... :):huh: Did you forget about the very cool and nearby Dan-oh caches? :)

You know, the boys both mentioned Dan-oh...he's like a "god" in our house. BTW - WHERE IS DAN-OH?? WE MISS HIM!!! -and I seriously considered taking the crew to "Lame Micro 241" but then I knew exactly where the cementary cache was, plus it was a shameless plug for our cache. :D Originally I wanted to take them out to Kit Carson Park but then after seeing the camera, I felt sorry for the guy that had to carry it. :P They were with us for 3 1/2 hours just doing the "short" walk up caches. Plus they had done some footage at our house with the internet, etc.

So are we sending out a search party for Dan-oh? And what about that guy Parsa?

Very cooool! :) The "Cementary" is a cool spot! I never thought of it that way, but I guess people are covered with cement there... :):huh: Did you forget about the very cool and nearby Dan-oh caches? :)

You know, the boys both mentioned Dan-oh...he's like a "god" in our house. BTW - WHERE IS DAN-OH?? WE MISS HIM!!! -and I seriously considered taking the crew to "Lame Micro 241" but then I knew exactly where the cementary cache was, plus it was a shameless plug for our cache. :D Originally I wanted to take them out to Kit Carson Park but then after seeing the camera, I felt sorry for the guy that had to carry it. B) They were with us for 3 1/2 hours just doing the "short" walk up caches. Plus they had done some footage at our house with the internet, etc.

I was just giving you a hard time! :D I like your cemetery cache but I was thinking Lame Micro 241 would have been a little more exciting than that cache behind some weeds next to a fence off a service road. I think Dan-oh is still around but must be busy with other things. I think Parsa is also busy with some other activities. Geocaching is always there so it's easy to take a break from it and come back to it. I'm not partaking in the Mad Mad Mad Mad World of numbers mania. So I have really been slacking myself. :P
Very cooool! B) The "Cementary" is a cool spot! I never thought of it that way, but I guess people are covered with cement there... :D:) Did you forget about the very cool and nearby Dan-oh caches? :D

You know, the boys both mentioned Dan-oh...he's like a "god" in our house. BTW - WHERE IS DAN-OH?? WE MISS HIM!!! -and I seriously considered taking the crew to "Lame Micro 241" but then I knew exactly where the cementary cache was, plus it was a shameless plug for our cache. :D Originally I wanted to take them out to Kit Carson Park but then after seeing the camera, I felt sorry for the guy that had to carry it. :huh: They were with us for 3 1/2 hours just doing the "short" walk up caches. Plus they had done some footage at our house with the internet, etc.

I was just giving you a hard time! :) I like your cemetery cache but I was thinking Lame Micro 241 would have been a little more exciting than that cache behind some weeds next to a fence off a service road. I think Dan-oh is still around but must be busy with other things. I think Parsa is also busy with some other activities. Geocaching is always there so it's easy to take a break from it and come back to it. I'm not partaking in the Mad Mad Mad Mad World of numbers mania. So I have really been slacking myself. :P

You're absolutely right, Lame Micro 241 would have been much better the then the cache off of the service road, next to a fence behind some weeds. :) However, we had already found Lame Micro 241 and the news crew really wanted to get a feel for a "real hunt".....well, they did....and you may be able to witness that..maybe. Maybe they'll cut a portion of it out. :D It was funny, cuz normally a cache and dash was the 3 of us and the dog piling out of the jeep, me putting on my little backpack...take two steps back...uh...no....let's go this way.....oh...there it is! doh!

Very cooool! B) The "Cementary" is a cool spot! I never thought of it that way, but I guess people are covered with cement there... :D:huh: Did you forget about the very cool and nearby Dan-oh caches? :)

You know, the boys both mentioned Dan-oh...he's like a "god" in our house. BTW - WHERE IS DAN-OH?? WE MISS HIM!!! -and I seriously considered taking the crew to "Lame Micro 241" but then I knew exactly where the cementary cache was, plus it was a shameless plug for our cache. :D Originally I wanted to take them out to Kit Carson Park but then after seeing the camera, I felt sorry for the guy that had to carry it. :) They were with us for 3 1/2 hours just doing the "short" walk up caches. Plus they had done some footage at our house with the internet, etc.

I was just giving you a hard time! :D I like your cemetery cache but I was thinking Lame Micro 241 would have been a little more exciting than that cache behind some weeds next to a fence off a service road. I think Dan-oh is still around but must be busy with other things. I think Parsa is also busy with some other activities. Geocaching is always there so it's easy to take a break from it and come back to it. I'm not partaking in the Mad Mad Mad Mad World of numbers mania. So I have really been slacking myself. :P

You're absolutely right, Lame Micro 241 would have been much better the then the cache off of the service road, next to a fence behind some weeds. :D However, we had already found Lame Micro 241 and the news crew really wanted to get a feel for a "real hunt".....well, they did....and you may be able to witness that..maybe. Maybe they'll cut a portion of it out. :D It was funny, cuz normally a cache and dash was the 3 of us and the dog piling out of the jeep, me putting on my little backpack...take two steps back...uh...no....let's go this way.....oh...there it is! doh!

:D Actually now that I think of it, Bump would have been an even better Dan-oh cache to find in that area. But then again, having it on the news would have killed the thrill for those that haven't found it yet. :) Anyhow, let us know when the news show is on! B)
Very cooool! B) The "Cementary" is a cool spot! I never thought of it that way, but I guess people are covered with cement there... :D:huh: Did you forget about the very cool and nearby Dan-oh caches? :)

You know, the boys both mentioned Dan-oh...he's like a "god" in our house. BTW - WHERE IS DAN-OH?? WE MISS HIM!!! -and I seriously considered taking the crew to "Lame Micro 241" but then I knew exactly where the cementary cache was, plus it was a shameless plug for our cache. :D Originally I wanted to take them out to Kit Carson Park but then after seeing the camera, I felt sorry for the guy that had to carry it. :) They were with us for 3 1/2 hours just doing the "short" walk up caches. Plus they had done some footage at our house with the internet, etc.

I was just giving you a hard time! B) I like your cemetery cache but I was thinking Lame Micro 241 would have been a little more exciting than that cache behind some weeds next to a fence off a service road. I think Dan-oh is still around but must be busy with other things. I think Parsa is also busy with some other activities. Geocaching is always there so it's easy to take a break from it and come back to it. I'm not partaking in the Mad Mad Mad Mad World of numbers mania. So I have really been slacking myself. :P

You're absolutely right, Lame Micro 241 would have been much better the then the cache off of the service road, next to a fence behind some weeds. :D However, we had already found Lame Micro 241 and the news crew really wanted to get a feel for a "real hunt".....well, they did....and you may be able to witness that..maybe. Maybe they'll cut a portion of it out. :D It was funny, cuz normally a cache and dash was the 3 of us and the dog piling out of the jeep, me putting on my little backpack...take two steps back...uh...no....let's go this way.....oh...there it is! doh!

:D Actually now that I think of it, Bump would have been an even better Dan-oh cache to find in that area. But then again, having it on the news would have killed the thrill for those that haven't found it yet. :) Anyhow, let us know when the news show is on! :D

B) Wow! Roxy's gonna be on TV?????? Let us know when! Very cool...

Very cooool! B) The "Cementary" is a cool spot! I never thought of it that way, but I guess people are covered with cement there... :unsure::D Did you forget about the very cool and nearby Dan-oh caches? :D

You know, the boys both mentioned Dan-oh...he's like a "god" in our house. BTW - WHERE IS DAN-OH?? WE MISS HIM!!! -and I seriously considered taking the crew to "Lame Micro 241" but then I knew exactly where the cementary cache was, plus it was a shameless plug for our cache. :D Originally I wanted to take them out to Kit Carson Park but then after seeing the camera, I felt sorry for the guy that had to carry it. :D They were with us for 3 1/2 hours just doing the "short" walk up caches. Plus they had done some footage at our house with the internet, etc.

I was just giving you a hard time! :P I like your cemetery cache but I was thinking Lame Micro 241 would have been a little more exciting than that cache behind some weeds next to a fence off a service road. I think Dan-oh is still around but must be busy with other things. I think Parsa is also busy with some other activities. Geocaching is always there so it's easy to take a break from it and come back to it. I'm not partaking in the Mad Mad Mad Mad World of numbers mania. So I have really been slacking myself. :D

You're absolutely right, Lame Micro 241 would have been much better the then the cache off of the service road, next to a fence behind some weeds. :P However, we had already found Lame Micro 241 and the news crew really wanted to get a feel for a "real hunt".....well, they did....and you may be able to witness that..maybe. Maybe they'll cut a portion of it out. :P It was funny, cuz normally a cache and dash was the 3 of us and the dog piling out of the jeep, me putting on my little backpack...take two steps back...uh...no....let's go this way.....oh...there it is! doh!

:grin: Actually now that I think of it, Bump would have been an even better Dan-oh cache to find in that area. But then again, having it on the news would have killed the thrill for those that haven't found it yet. :D Anyhow, let us know when the news show is on! :)

:D Wow! Roxy's gonna be on TV?????? Let us know when! Very cool...

When Roxy was asked what it was like to be a TV star all she said was "Ruff!" :grin:
Very cooool! B) The "Cementary" is a cool spot! I never thought of it that way, but I guess people are covered with cement there... B):D Did you forget about the very cool and nearby Dan-oh caches? :grin:

You know, the boys both mentioned Dan-oh...he's like a "god" in our house. BTW - WHERE IS DAN-OH?? WE MISS HIM!!! -and I seriously considered taking the crew to "Lame Micro 241" but then I knew exactly where the cementary cache was, plus it was a shameless plug for our cache. :grin: Originally I wanted to take them out to Kit Carson Park but then after seeing the camera, I felt sorry for the guy that had to carry it. :D They were with us for 3 1/2 hours just doing the "short" walk up caches. Plus they had done some footage at our house with the internet, etc.

I was just giving you a hard time! :D I like your cemetery cache but I was thinking Lame Micro 241 would have been a little more exciting than that cache behind some weeds next to a fence off a service road. I think Dan-oh is still around but must be busy with other things. I think Parsa is also busy with some other activities. Geocaching is always there so it's easy to take a break from it and come back to it. I'm not partaking in the Mad Mad Mad Mad World of numbers mania. So I have really been slacking myself. :D

You're absolutely right, Lame Micro 241 would have been much better the then the cache off of the service road, next to a fence behind some weeds. :P However, we had already found Lame Micro 241 and the news crew really wanted to get a feel for a "real hunt".....well, they did....and you may be able to witness that..maybe. Maybe they'll cut a portion of it out. :P It was funny, cuz normally a cache and dash was the 3 of us and the dog piling out of the jeep, me putting on my little backpack...take two steps back...uh...no....let's go this way.....oh...there it is! doh!

:unsure: Actually now that I think of it, Bump would have been an even better Dan-oh cache to find in that area. But then again, having it on the news would have killed the thrill for those that haven't found it yet. :D Anyhow, let us know when the news show is on! :)

:D Wow! Roxy's gonna be on TV?????? Let us know when! Very cool...

When Roxy was asked what it was like to be a TV star all she said was "Ruff!" :D

Yeah, we're hoping some talent agent spots Roxy and wants her for a tennis ball commercial or something. Time for her to pull her weight around here. :P Right now she is happily sleeping in my lap. I don't think anybody told this dog that Jack Russell terriers are not lap dogs.