Getting Caches Approved

Believe it or not, the reviewers actually have lives of their own to attend to every once in awhile. :lol: That said:

1. Caches typically take 48-72 hours to approve.

2. Everyone hides caches on the weekend and submits them on Sunday. So you're one of many. Expect to wait a little longer after the weekend.

3. The approvers attend to the "easiest" approvals first, so if there are issues, yours might have to wait a little longer.

Edited by Team Perks
Believe it or not, the reviewers actually have lives of their own to attend to every once in awhile. :lol: That said:

1. Caches typically take 48-72 hours to approve.

2. Everyone hides caches on the weekend and submits them on Sunday. So you're one of many. Expect to wait a little longer after the weekend.

3. The approvers attend to the "easiest" approvals first, so if there are issues, yours might have to wait a little longer.

1. More than 72 hours.

2. 48-72 hours. Or did I read that wrong when submitting?

3. Straight forward caches. The approvers know me. I don't put out caches they can't approve without looking at a map.

Anyone else have excuses??

Believe it or not, the reviewers actually have lives of their own to attend to every once in awhile.  :lol:  That said:

1.  Caches typically take 48-72 hours to approve.

2.  Everyone hides caches on the weekend and submits them on Sunday.  So you're one of many.  Expect to wait a little longer after the weekend.

3.  The approvers attend to the "easiest" approvals first, so if there are issues, yours might have to wait a little longer.

1. More than 72 hours.

2. 48-72 hours. Or did I read that wrong when submitting?

3. Straight forward caches. The approvers know me. I don't put out caches they can't approve without looking at a map.

Anyone else have excuses??

Keyword is "typically".

Of course, if one cache taking a few extra hours out of all the ones you've hid is really that unacceptable; don't list it here. Post it at one of the other listing sites instead. I'm sure they will get to it much faster (since it will probably be the only new cache they've seen this month).

I've always found it best to not expect perfection when you are dealing with people who do something for free.. So the guidelines say 48-72 hours? Well then it's a good thing they are "Guidelines" and not set in stone rules. So your caches are taking a little longer to get approved. The sun will still rise even though you have to wait a little longer, no big crime here.

I hid mine the same day as yours, and it was finally approved this morning, the 10th. As much as I hate waiting, let's face it, these guys do this for free, and they have alot of caches to wade through. In canada there is only 2 reviewers total. I don't know how many there are in the States, but it's not city by city, it's state by state if not region by region. My guidlines, if it's not approved in 3 full days, I'll email the reviewer. However, that hasn't yet happened. Being that these guys don't get paid, they do a good job. As much as I wish they could approve caches the second they are submitted, I guess we can allow them to have lives.

My caches are usually approved within a few hours. I placed a new on on the 8th but it hasn't been approved yet. Looking at the new caches in this area the last ones approved were last Sunday. So I would guess my reviewer is on vacation.

Now that really upsets me!!!!

It's the fact that somebody has time off and I don't. (Of course, if I did I'd just be geocaching which, in my case (I like trail caches) would mean a LOT of work.) :lol:

Oh - back to the subject: I can wait for the cache approval. No biggie at all. These guys and gals do a great service.

That does it!  Team Misguided gets three days in the stocks for for selfishly putting their own priorities ahead of your cache approvals for a few hours too long! :lol:

Maybe that is why it took so long; they tried to have a life outside cache approving, so Jeremy punished them in the stockade

It is really hard to reach the keyboard from that position.