California Trackable Wooden Nickels

TetrAmigos

The California geocoin thread was pushing into it's 9th page, so I've decided to split off that thread into this new one.

Batch I for the first set of Trackable Wooden Nickels has gone to press. I have been informed of an approx. turnaround time of 15 days or so. The text we put on the back of the nickel was too wordy to fit legibly, so we've trimmed it to read "California Gold Rush 1848-1864" and then below it, Geocaching is the latest gold rush. Join the crowd and find some treasure!" The tracking number will likely be moved to the middle of the nickel so that lengthy numbers can fit. The front of the nickel will not change.

At any rate, I have already begun taking orders on Batch II for wooden nickels, for everyone who missed out on the first set. I took so many orders that the entire process lasted less than 3 days for the first batch!

To place an order for the second batch of Trackable California Wooden Nickels, please complete the form below and email it to the address listed at the bottom.

Last Name:

First Name:

Shipping Address:

Contact Ph # (optional):

Contact Email:

# of Nickels I'd Like ($.31 cents each):

Batch: 2

Email or Fax this completed form to:<<removed by moderator>> with the phrase "Wooden Nickel Order Batch 2" in the subject line, or fax it to me at 206-350-6279.

Edited by Moose Mob

The wooden nickels are finally here, and they look GREAT. I was told to expect minor minor minor flaws in a handful of these primarily of the fact because they are printed on wood, but when they came in I couldn't find one that didn't look great. Here's links to two photographs I took of 2 nickels front and back from two angles. (The tracking numbers have been blurred out for obvious reasons) You can't see it in the photo, but the tracking numbers are laser etched into the wood and are there to stay. They look great.

WdCoin1.jpgWdCoin2.jpg

For those who ordered nickels in the first batch, we'll begin shipping them tommorrow. If you didn't get a chance to grab a few nickels before Batch 1 went to press, don't panic! :anicute: A second batch is already in the preliminary stages, and we still need about 700 more nickels to be sold before it goes to press. If you are interested in grabbing your share of the Batch 2 nickels, email my wife and I at: markrmccoy@gmail.com

Happy caching!

:) Got the wooden nickels, but the bag had been ripped open (the staples pulled loose) and a rubber band was holding the bag closed. All the coins were there, I just thought it very strange. A curious postal worker?

Logged the first twenty, but plan on giving others away to fellow cachers at work. :)

:anibad: Got the wooden nickels, but the bag had been ripped open (the staples pulled loose) and a rubber band was holding the bag closed. All the coins were there, I just thought it very strange. A curious postal worker?

Logged the first twenty, but plan on giving others away to fellow cachers at work. :anibad:

Seen that with mail before.. usually means it got messed up while bring sorted. Curious postal workersa I thought are the unemployed kind? HAHA

;) geocoin site down too.

Is that URL on the nickel correct - it looks like it has too many "dots". Might it not actually have the "www"?

www.calif.geocoin.net and calif.geocoin.net both go to the same place, so feel free to use either.

--Marky

Good thing I only registered my new GeoCoins, and not my 100 wooden nickles!

Is there any way to register more than one nickel at a time?--It's going to take a while to input all 100.

I know that you've already done a ton of work on the site and it looks great, so I'm not complaining, just wishing out loud.

Thanks again to everyone involved.