More Than 0ne Palm?

I have a Zire 31 that has the "can't see in the sunlight problem" , I also have an older Handspring Visor (non color screen) I would like to try the Visor for Caching, my question is; Will I need to download the visor software to my PC, or can I use the the Palm software from my Zire 31?, also since my Zire 31 is registered to my Cachemate program how do I register the visor so Cachemate will Download to this PDA? (Can I have more than 1 PDA on the same registration #?) ... any ideas??

I use two palms as we tend to have two week holidays in separate locations. Both are set up with the same user name and software. (against all the rules i know!) however both are the same make and model.

Just rememember which one is which when you leave the house though as it can be a bit embarrising when the nearest cache is 100 miles away :lol:

If I recall correctly, it goes by the username. That makes me think that as long as you have the same user name on both units, you're good to go.

Except this may really mess up your hot synching to your PC. I don't know that it will, but I strongly suspect it. I think the best case scenario is that using the same Username on both devices will just hot synch them to the same state. The worst case scenario is that it will hose one of your PDA's.

Try it and let me know! :lol:

As an owner of the license to Cachemate that your $8 got you, you should be able to, within reason, do with it what you please, as it is still the OWNER solely using it.

Giving it (the Palm) to your buddys or posting it (copyrighted software) to Kazaa is by no means proper owner usage within reason.

(copywritten?)

As an owner of the license to Cachemate that your $8 got you, you should be able to, within reason, do with it what you please, as it is still the OWNER solely using it.

Giving it (the Palm) to your buddys or posting it (copyrighted software) to Kazaa is by no means proper owner usage within reason.

(copywritten?)

Agreed.

If I were to use both, I'd set up the Visor with something like Firstname GC instead of Firstname Lastname.

that way you can sync each PDA for its specific use.

Hope that helps.

You can use the same username on both handhelds, and Cachemate will run on both. However, you can't continue to hotsync both of them with the same name without getting corrupt data. You can copy your backup folder to another folder, sync the Handspring using your current name, hard reset the Zire, and then give it a new name, and copy the backup files you saved to the new backup folder for the Zire, and then use the Zire for other stuff. This should be no problem.

I just purchased cachemate, and started using it on my Palm T3. Since this is quite expensive, and I can be fumble fingered, I picked up a used Handspring Visor at a flea market. If you go to the support page for cachemate, there is a link where you can request another registration code due to a mis-typed username or a changed user name. I did this so I could run it on the Visor, and leave the T3 safe and dry. I just installed the software for cachemate to the visor, and set it up as a different username. Since I don't plan on using the visor for anything other than cacheing, this works well for me. I am not sure what the software license reads, but I would think that the author intends it to be used on only 1 unit. As suggested in a previous post, you might want to inquire at smittyware.com if you want to use both units.

i own 3 palm IIIxe's they can identify you by your hotsync id as well as an individual computer id.... i had to purchase another cachemate reg code for each of them. mainly because of my individual owners id and computer ids.

you can find your palm IIIxe's computer id by clicking on info and then clicking on version. i could not use the same reg code on the different palms so i had to re regeister all 3.

regards

archie