The Legend Of The Waffle Fairy

First: Here is my interpretation: The Waffle Fairies are those who take the gifts of the Waffle Santa and pass them to others. I recently got to play Waffle Fairy (although Mtn-Man was waffle fairy madness in his handing out of waffle gifts). But the Waffle Santa is the real deal! If you were not naughty and instead were nice, he shows up at caches that are hard to find after you have searched for some time. He then uses his magical powers to help you find the cache. Then he gives you many waffle presents to boot! Disbelieve as you will, but I have met him at a cache. So have Mtn-Man and The Leprechauns. I took pictures to prove it. The Geocaching Waffle Santa is not a myth! He exists and you never know when you might find him or his converted waffle fairies who use his gifts to spread good will! :D

no the waffle fairy's the person responsible for when you wake up one day 100lbs heavier. i mean i couldn't be the burgers and beers could it?! blame it on a magic fairy that visits at night..... :D

Well after taking advantage of the Waffle Santa's gifts, I think I gained a few pounds. So moderation when using the gifts is recommended. :wub:

...the Waffle Santa is the real deal! If you were not naughty and instead were nice, he shows up at caches that are hard to find after you have searched for some time. He then uses his magical powers to help you find the cache. Then he gives you many waffle presents to boot! Disbelieve as you will, but I have met him at a cache. So have Mtn-Man and The Leprechauns. I took pictures to prove it. The Geocaching Waffle Santa is not a myth! He exists and you never know when you might find him or his converted waffle fairies who use his gifts to spread good will!  :D

Carleen, do I understand that you are the/a waffle fairy? You say you can prove it? And you maintain that there really is a waffle santa. You've seen him.

Would you mind sharing some photos? :wub::wub:

...the Waffle Santa is the real deal! If you were not naughty and instead were nice, he shows up at caches that are hard to find after you have searched for some time. He then uses his magical powers to help you find the cache. Then he gives you many waffle presents to boot! Disbelieve as you will, but I have met him at a cache. So have Mtn-Man and The Leprechauns. I took pictures to prove it. The Geocaching Waffle Santa is not a myth! He exists and you never know when you might find him or his converted waffle fairies who use his gifts to spread good will!  :wub:

Carleen, do I understand that you are the/a waffle fairy? You say you can prove it? And you maintain that there really is a waffle santa. You've seen him.

Would you mind sharing some photos? :D:wub:

Waffle Santa. Read the logs. :wub:

I still beleive in SANTA :D , so does my sixteen year old son!! I wanted to know more aboput this "Waffle Fairy" so I read your logs on the way down to GEOIII. I t sounds like you all had a really fun time!! I just want to know????? Is it true that the Waffle Fairy after He visits you that you can smell in the air Maple Syrup? :wub:

Yep. Maple syrup and waffles. Waffle Santa is a wonderful person!

Very interesting. :wub:

I'm pretty sure Waffle House originated in my home town of Plainfield. I went to school with the guy who ran it (back in the '60's). I think there must be some kind of link here, since I felt compelled to open this topic. Although the original waffle house is long gone, there is another building there, only a few feet from my house, and yes, there's a geocache (not mine) there. :wub:

Could you send me one of those coupons (I'd like to check their authenticity)? :D:wub::wub:

Did waffle santa ever meet the weird hariy creature down somewhere near JX Fl?

OK, I know I'm weird and yes, I am hairy, but he met me near Macon GA. We only spread his joy throughout the Jax, FL area.

Yep Tank, its a GA thing. I personally go for scattered and covered myself. :D

Did waffle santa ever meet the weird hariy creature down somewhere near JX Fl?

OK, I know I'm weird and yes, I am hairy, but he met me near Macon GA. We only spread his joy throughout the Jax, FL area.

Yep Tank, its a GA thing. I personally go for scattered and covered myself. :D

LOL actually I was talking about ANOTHER furry creature but since I can not find the name of it right now.....:0)

I don't get it.

Is there something funny about Waffle Houses? Y'all probably think the Piggly Wiggly and Winn Dixie grocery stores are funny too.

We love Waffle House. There are no Waffle Houses here in Nebraska and so I rarely get my hashbrown fix. We were delighted to receive many Waffle House items and coupons to hand out at GW3. It also made for a fun story.

The farthest northeast Waffle House is in Delaware...

I'm only able to get there from Boston once a month for dinner.

Kidding...but really...let's work on this Waffle House...If I can get Krispy Kreme here now, I should be able to get my hash scattered, smothered, covered, chunked, topped, and diced. The closest I can get is IHOP... :lol:

someone use their influence, when can we expect the waffle fairy/santa to visit england?? maple syrup  :lol: 

Ack-you will probably do something like pour malt vinegar or clotted cream on them instead of maple syrup. :)

Oh and for the record-I'm partial to scattered, smothered, and covered.

...I personally go for scattered and covered myself. :)

119047_8100.JPG

From the looks of this photo,

you'll eat about anything! :PB)

You see, I'm part cajun. A cajun will eat just about anything that won't eat him first. Carleenp had a badger with her this weekend. She carries on cache hunts. You can see I took a picture of the badger while at the Waffle Santa cache. I was sort of hungry, and I hear they taste a lot like owl.

You cook an owl up right and them is some good eats. B):lol::)

We love Waffle House. There are no Waffle Houses here in Nebraska and so I rarely get my hashbrown fix. We were delighted to receive many Waffle House items and coupons to hand out at GW3. It also made for a fun story.

WHAT... No Waffle House in Nebraska :lol: I feel sorry for ya!

someone use their influence, when can we expect the waffle fairy/santa to visit england?? maple syrup  :P 

Ack-you will probably do something like pour malt vinegar or clotted cream on them instead of maple syrup. :D

Oh and for the record-I'm partial to scattered, smothered, and covered.

and i get this from the country that bought us the culinary delights of the big mac.

;)

just have to keep using the maple syrup over pancakes and icecream instead. hell i'd drink it straight from the bottle, given half the chance.

i want to try maple butter but supply very limited.

may not have waffle fairies but we do have great tea rooms stuffed full of cakes....

...I personally go for scattered and covered myself. :D

119047_8100.JPG

From the looks of this photo,

you'll eat about anything! :D:D

You see, I'm part cajun. A cajun will eat just about anything that won't eat him first. Carleenp had a badger with her this weekend. She carries on cache hunts. You can see I took a picture of the badger while at the Waffle Santa cache. I was sort of hungry, and I hear they taste a lot like owl.

You cook an owl up right and them is some good eats. :D:D;)

Are you threatening my caching badger???!!!??? :D That is not nice! No caches or waffles for you if you don't respect the badger (who happens to also love waffles)! :D:P

Ooohhhhhhh! ;)

A caching badger that likes waffles. Well, that's different then.

I bow to the great caching badger. notworthy.gif

I hold your badger in the same respect as the Great Waffle Santa.

Badger thanks you, and asks that you avoid eating his kind. He personally knows of other caching badgers out there and would hate to see you mistakenly eat one. :P

Some interesting facts about maple syrup.

“The use of maple sugar was regarded as an act of protest during the Civil War in the United States. All of the cane sugar and most of the molasses was raised and produced in the Southern states. During the war and prior to the war, people in the North refused to use cane sugar. Northerners used maple sugar to sweeten their foods. Therefore, using maple sugar was a form of protest against the South.”

Interesting that the Waffle fairy/Santa hangs out mainly in the south. :(;)

Ooohhhhhhh! ;)

A caching badger that likes waffles.  Well, that's different then.

I bow to the great caching badger.  notworthy.gif

I hold your badger in the same respect as the Great Waffle Santa.

Badger thanks you, and asks that you avoid eating his kind. He personally knows of other caching badgers out there and would hate to see you mistakenly eat one. :(

Most badgers ARE cachers as they have an irrepressible urge for shiny objects. And, of course, I've never MET a badger that didn't like waffles!

Along the lines of the waffle faerie...has anyone seen the espresso faerie? He leaves a Starbucks gift card (usually as a FTF gift) and then is off like "shot"?

It is one of my life goals to meet this particular faerie.