Canadian Geodetic Surveys?

johnbarber

I would like to know if there is anywhere that a Canadian Geodetic survey marker can be recorded as a find. I found one in a rather interesting spot that I am quite sure has not been seen lately and want to know if canadian markers can be logged like they do in the states?

I would like to know if there is anywhere that a Canadian Geodetic survey marker can be recorded as a find. I found one in a rather interesting spot that I am quite sure has not been seen lately and want to know if canadian markers can be logged like they do in the states?

Not right now - but I read not too long ago that Jeremy was working on adding Canadian Benchmarks.

That is also not the type of survey marker that I found. The one I found does not have the lat and long on it.

What kind of marker was it that you found? There are a number of different sites where you can search for the various types of markers, but nowhere to log them as finds yet - other than the few locationless cache ones.

I'm not sure why people get so excited about these things. :lol:

That said, I've tried to find about six BMs from the 1800s with no luck at all. I figured these would be interesting as they are simply a metal rod protruding from some masonry. Okay, that in itself isn't that exciting I'll admit. The only ones I've found are the ones I've tripped over (literally) and the ones that are caches themselves.