Knives In Caches.

I was thinking of going with If so, why exactly? but I was too lazy to go change what I already typed. And look at me now, typing lot more.:anibad:

Sorry for that. For those who felt I was forcing a specific answer, I'd like to particularize my question as I described above.

Where is the pic of the cute prisoner?

Believe it or not I took a couple of photo's, explained to one of my female employees what was so dadgum interesting about the prisoner, then had to wait for another employee to get back from training since her computer was the only one set up to download the photo's. At this point I warned her that when I took the photo's (lens cap was off...) there was no verification that they actually were saved. She confirmed that the photo's were not there and gave me a lot of crap over that. I've used this camera before but naturally this time is the time something doesn't work.

So no photo. But trust me. She's cute. :lol:

Where is the pic of the cute prisoner?

So no photo. But trust me. She's cute. :lol:

I heard cute prisoners can make an AK47 out of a McDonalds toy. Maybe we should ban fast food toys for any cute prisoners who have seen McGiver, I saw him make a bomb out of a salt shaker, hey there ya go, now we have to ban salt shakers. And what about leaving pencils, and worse yet, ink pens, in caches, those garbage clean up crews could start breaking out of prison all over the place or get rich traking them! Geez, can you tell I am upset because I can't leave my fingernail cleaning 1 inch blade keychain knife in a cache. This knife ban has just gone too far!

Edited by wornout

So basically, what you are saying is

"It is possible for other things to be used to hurt people, so I think it is OK for me to leave a ready to use, easily concealable weapon out for anybody (inmates included) to find"

I noticed today that they have PAPER in the prison! According to an earlier post, paer cuts are dangerous. I guess that already have weapons in the prison then. Since that is the case, I guess we should just give up. Next time you drive by a prison, go ahead and throw some knives, guns, and hand grenades over the fence- there are already things there that could be used as weapons, so a few more things won't make any difference.

Besides, it would be really cool.

I agree with banning weapons in caches 

You are assuming a pocket knife is a weapon. It is a tool and is not legally considered to be a weapon in any state.

I'm not "assuming" anything. I'm going with the general concensus found in a lot of the places we are discussing AND a lot of the places I find myself in the course of a day.

The prison systems in the US don't assume a pocket knife is a weapon. They define it as a weapon. You would as well if you worked there and had ANY experience at all with inmates. The office in which I work also identifies them as weapons and does not allow them.

Also, there ARE laws and rules concerning the length of the blade on a knife and whether it is fixed or folding. Knives over a certain length ARE considered weapons and they ARE illegal to carry, depending on the locale.

Duh, but we aren't talking switchblades and Bowie knives here bud.

What's with that?!

How did David Bowie get knife named after him any way?

I mean...a singer with a hunting implement as his namesake? I thought David Bowie was ooposed to hunting.

Bizarre.

(Keeping with Briansnat's assumption that I am an idiot.)

:o

mean...a singer with a hunting implement as his namesake? I thought David Bowie was ooposed to hunting.

Bizarre.

You obviously are. The Bowie knife was named after former Baseball Commissioner Bowie Kuhn. Sheesh, how dumb can people be :o .

mean...a singer with a hunting implement as his namesake? I thought David Bowie was ooposed to hunting.

Bizarre.

You obviously are. The Bowie knife was named after former Baseball Commissioner Bowie Kuhn. Sheesh, how dumb can people be :o .

:D:D:D:D

but can you cut cake with a chainsaw???????

Yes, in fact you can. I have seen pictures of a wedding where the groom had a tree working business and he cut the first piece of cake with a chain saw. And believe it or not, this was not in Arkansas, but in Conneticut. I grant you the guy was a bit of a swamp yankee, but he was wearing a Tux.

Docapi, if you don't want inmates to find weapons in the woods, then simply stop letting them walk through the blankety-blank woods. It is simply not logical for the entire world to let everything revolve around prison guards and their anxieties.

I do agree some sanitation is good but where do we stop? Someone stated before that if I can't be used as a weapon any item can still be usefull in prison. So should there be a ban on all trade items in caches where prisoners are likely to be on work release? I would think that would be too extreeme.

Using this logic you should ban all cleaning chemical from your house and use only water to clean when you have children living with you. Most people take a more intelligent approach. They put all their chemicals up where the children can't reach and usually lock up the more toxic chemical.