Jeremy On The Travel Channel

SKYCOP

I know the show was a repeat, but last night on the travel channel they had the top ten "lost treasure" sites and one of them was Geocaching. The weather here in MN was lousy so it was kind of fun to sit and watch a segment on caching. Jeremy was interviewed and did a great job. :(

Does anyone know what cache that couple went and found?

Does anyone want to come down to Utah and hunt for Rhoads Lost Mine with me? ( It was the next clip on after the geocaching feature.)

I'm not sure of the cache the couple found but they were sure happy because they were FTF and got a certificate worth I believe they said $250?

What a cool hobby this is! :lol:

Aw nuts....I had that taped at one time but lost it.

Wonder if it'll be back on again soon.

Bret

I realize that you posted this almost a year and a half ago, but I just wanted to mention that this program was on again tonight. I'm just trying to be helpful.

Did you manage to catch it and make another tape? :laughing:

Actually, do they even make VCR tapes anymore? :rolleyes:

They had it on a month or two ago, I think that someone posted it to the forums? That's what I love about having things posted first on the East coast. I have 3 hours warning! :( I managed to tape it.

I love it that even though this sport is only a few years old, I can get excited about seeing a program about it that seems so "old", and to see how the people in the show have changed in just a few years. :D As I said before, it was very well done, I enjoyed watching it. It makes me excited all over again to be a part of such a great sport. :D

Heehee! That program (when it aired three months ago) was the first we'd ever heard of geocaching. :D Mr. RWA's thought process when seeing it went, "hmmmm, a reason to get out and hike", while mine went something like, "eeeeee, an excuse to buy new gadgets!" We found our first cache about a week later, and have been hooked ever since. :( Gotta love the Travel Channel!

I learned about geocaching when I watched that show in 2003. When I bought a GPS in October of 03 it sparked the memory of geocaching so I checked out the website and thought - "This will be something to do for a couple week until I learn to use this thing."

If it hadn't been for Geocaching I probably would have used the GPS about 5 times by now :(