Joker's Wild Picnic - April 30th

avroair

Joker's Wild Picnic Event

In Silas Condict Park - April 30th - 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please post a note on the cache page if you plan to attend. There are currently 4 caches in the park and there will be some geocaching games set up for people and a special event geocaching button. Registration is $5.00 with a small nominal fee to play the games.

G.E.O. B.I.N.G.O.

Five CACHE Stud Poker Run

Black TNLN Jack

One Armed FTF Cache Bandit

Hope to see you there.

76bb3d92-ac56-45f0-bdfe-a6afccb10c42.jpg

Edited by avroair
Contrary to the rumor, I don not live in this park. I live near it.

I forgot to mention, can you let me know what food you are bringing. :o

Hamburgers

Buns

Hotdogs

Buns

Potato Salad

Condiments

Salads

Chips and Salsa

Desserts

Soda

Water bottles

Coffee

Tea

Juices

Gatorade

And anything else you might want to eat. :(

(I am handling napkins, cups, plates etc.)

Contrary to the rumor, I don not live in this park. I live near it.

I forgot to mention, can you let me know what food you are bringing. :o

Hamburgers

Buns

Hotdogs

Buns

Potato Salad

Condiments

Salads

Chips and Salsa

Desserts

Soda

Water bottles

Coffee

Tea

Juices

Gatorade

And anything else you might want to eat. :(

(I am handling napkins, cups, plates etc.)

If you're bringing all that, what's left for us?

Hey guys,

Early forecast a balmy 62° - 0% chance of rain! ;)

If you plan to attend please let me know what potluck dish you are bringing, here is what we need:

• burgers and buns

• hotdogs and rolls

• potato salad

• lettuce salad

• mustard, ketchup, mayo

• plastic bowls

• potato chips and dip

• cooler of ice and bottled water

• cooler of gatorade

• cooler of sodas

• ice cream

• meatballs

• taco dip & chips

• brownies

• cookies

I have napkins, plates, forks and spoons. And lighter fluid.

Please post on the cache page. :D

Edited by avroair

I posted on the event page, but I guess I'll post here too. If (and that's a big IF) we can make it, we'll be bringing chocolate chip cookies. Geokid #1 is having surgery on her hand the day before and we can only make it if she's up to it. Oh, she'll be drugged up just fine, but it's really a wait and see thing. Geokid #2 has a birthday party that ends at 11:30, so we'll be late either way. I figured the cookies won't be needed as early as some of the other foodstuff. Looking forward to matching faces with names. Keep your fingers crossed.

I'll be bringing some burgers and rolls.

I am also bringing burgers and rolls. Hey Brian, I think I can also get you some eggplant. Got an opinion on that?

Eggplant is fine with me, unless you hold me down and try to forcefeed it to me.

I got a twenty on Brian at 10 to 1 odds... :D:D

Got my theme cache ammo cans spray painted and purty looking. :D

We still need:

* paper bowls (I have plates)

* desserts (lots of them)

* soda and gatorade (runs out fast!)

I also need help with a chef since I always forget to start cooking. :lol::ph34r:B)

Darn, darn, darn.  Just realized I can't go. I may be able to stop by late though.

We will, of course, be boycotting your 2 caches in the park considering this latest announcement.

3 now and I will now be going. I got out of my other committment for the day.

Boycott all you want! The event caches will take you all day anyways... If you are stumped on any of Brian's, I know where they rrrrrrrrrrr! B)

It isn't going to rain, the hour by hour is looking good! It will rain tomorrow evening.

:D

Obiously, Avroair's sense of wetness is skewed by his recent caching adventures. Please just don't strip down to your skivvies, this is supposed to be a family event. :D

NOAA Forecast

Obviously you have no idea what kind of favors I have to pull to get it to be a nice day. Last year I drove to the Pirates of Harriman event in a torrid downpour. Thirty minutes later it stopped and there were ominous clouds. An hour into the event a patch of blue sky and by lunch time not a cloud in the sky. Slight breeze 68 degrees!!! :D

Do the little rain, rain go away jig around your kitchen and see what happens!

(except you Ekitt10, I know you get jinxed and the state banned you from dancing a while ago) ;)

Well, I did my rain dance but I forgot to dance for US weather not English weather! Bother! Still had a blast. Thanks to everyone who braved the ominous clouds and came out for the day. We had over 60 cachers present.

Thanks everyone. :D

Well, I did my rain dance but I forgot to dance for US weather not English weather! Bother! Still had a blast. Thanks to everyone who braved the ominous clouds and came out for the day. We had over 60 cachers present.

Are you kidding me? From the time that I posted the forcast, until the time we left, the POP (Probablity of percipitation) dropped from 100% to 70%. I think there was even a period of time when we were out doing the Poker Caches where it completly stopped raining.

Now, if there were only something you could have done for our lousy pair of 3's.

Who won the event games?

In a strange coincidence, Avroair won all of them. :(

Yeah, nothing beat my Royal Flush (the weather!) and my Quintuplet Bingo! :(

klizich won the BlackJack 1st Prize (8-in-one-game board set) with three of a kind.

• two second place prizes went to two-pair

• pair of aces also won two third place prizes

unimoggers won the Bingo 1st Prize (a bingo game set) with double bingo.

• 6 other cachers got bingo and won prizes

Can't remember who won the card game, I ended up with the 5 of diamonds after someone found out I had the King of Spades! :D

Oh yeah, and Brian didn't win anything and stamped his feet up and down and left the pavillion with his arms crossed around his chest, muttering profanities and plots of revenge (or was that Mrs Avroair, I forget :(:(:D )