Pocket Queries Help Please

dysdera

I wonder if any of you clever people can help me here (helps to start off with a creep!!)

I run pocket queries in line with the dates on the well known PDF about paperless caching. My problem is, if I enter a querie that only requests caches updated in the last seven days, then I would like all caches that are unarchived or listed. Unfortunately what it appears to do is produce any cache that is logged as found, not found etc during that period and exceeds the 500 limit.

I dont think that there is any solution to this, but before I have a paddy can anyone help.

I use GSAK but my problem is, I have tried to use GPX sonar, but I am left with the choice of breaking down the country into vary many chunks, or using e books which come with pocket queries. Unfortunately I cannot generate e books so I wanted to be able to use my pocket queries allocation to get e books gegraphically (based around centres) and just one one querie a week for an updated GPX file.

I would like to use GPX sonar but it is very slow when you use big files, and as my job means I travel throughout the UK and scotland, I like to carry lots of caches with me ready to do. This paperless caching is getting very hard to do.

I have given up trying to get my paperless caching working. It sounded a good idea, but maybe I am thick. It seems to me that all the hassle of loading caches to GSAK, then sorting out the ones that I want to do. I cannot load straight to my Etrex, that’s just another com port problem.

I tried to load GPSTuner yesterday to my Ipaq, but it said files were missing.

I have invested in a Bluetooth GPS, Memory Map, for the Ipaq that also has Tomtom nav 2 on it.

Then when out in the field there is the extra bits one needs such as extra backup batteries for the Ipaq. And the chance of getting it damaged whilst crashing through undergrowth. Then there is the fiddling about getting the programs to run.

When I am out. I have to turn back to my trusty Etrex (yellow).

So I am going back to the paper. For the days outing, I friendly print out the cache pages, place them in plastic sleeves, and with a set of spare batteries for the Etrex I don’t need anything else.

The only other thing that I have done is to load all the current caches from GCUK to Tomtom on the Ipaq and my Tomtom Go. So when I am driving or walking I can see the location of the caches.

I use GSAK but my problem is, I have tried to use GPX sonar, but I am left with the choice of breaking down the country into vary many chunks

Just get gsak to automatically output gpx's of the areas that you commonly go to then. I have one for unfound <25 and then one for my parents, one for various customers that I visit etc.

Also, if you don't use gpxsonar's logging capabilities, check out the html extracts of caches as you could use this to quickly and easily access details on individual caches.

McDehack,

I'd be happy to swap a big pile of dead-useful-for-caching paper for your really useless-for-paperless-caching Ipaq...

B

Yes I bet you would!

But my used paper cache sheets go into my recycle bin. My Ipaq also has an ebook reader, and my library has at this present time 28 books in it including the whole of Sherlock Holmes stories. This was one of the reasons that I got the Ipaq for an ebook reader.

P.S. I also like cycling. I own 5 bikes including two electric ones.

Edited by McDehack
My Ipaq also has an ebook reader, and my library has at this present time 28 books in it including the whole of Sherlock Holmes stories. This was one of the reasons that I got the Ipaq for an ebook reader.

Have you tried downloading some interactive fiction ? i always have a couple on the go on my palm

link there are interpreters for ALL platforms availble just follow the links etc.

Have you tried downloading some interactive fiction ? i always have a couple on the go on my palm

link there are interpreters for ALL platforms availble just follow the links etc.

Now that is interesting. I have just had a look at this site. I could not spot an Ipaq platform.

This stuff reminds me of the ZX and Speccy days.

One other thing that I must ask/know. How do you get to post the link to a page or site that shows in 'blue and says 'here'?

One other thing that I must ask/know. How do you get to post the link to a page or site that shows in 'blue and says 'here'?

Go to the reply page, at the top is 2 rows of butons the first one one the left in the second row says "htttp://" click on that, and a small box appears, either type in the web address or just paste it in, click next and put in what you want to appear on the screen, click wok, and hey presto one hyper link. It's a lot quicker that describing how to do it! :D

Dave :D

minstrelcat wrote:

I'm probably being dumb but I can't spot the interpreters (I have a palm)!

No, I couldn't see any interpreters either, but as far as I can tell there are six games for PalmOS, all listed here.

You can download all six in one 650kb (ish) zip file here.

I haven't tried any of them yet, so I'm not recommending anything, just pointing them out.

I will sort out the links tonight. I've got a palm converter and interpreter on my PC and palm. All the interpreters are on another site cant acces them from work SORRY :P

Here we go I toyed with the idea of having one of these when solved giving the co ords for a cache

inform1

inform2

inform3

inform4

inform5

inform6

thats all i have bookmarked. On my palm i use frobnitz and on the PC i use z2pdb a file converter that converts them to palm use.

Some are ready written for palm however the interpeters open up all the good ones. any by Andrew Plotkin are very good.