Night Cachers Wanted

Pengy&Tigger

We need some night caching volunteers to test out a new cache (It's not released yet so don't go checking!). It's a night time only cache and we are keen to see if it all works out ok, by observing it out in the field. The cache has been reviewed and ok'd, but not yet released.

So if anyone in the North West fancies a go at FTF, then be at the following car park co-ords at 7.30pm on Friday 25th Feb, where full instructions will be given:

N53.41.247

W002.33.931

You will need sturdy boots and a good torch. If you fancy it then reply on this thread so we know how many sheets to print off. There is also a chippy next to the car park if anyone is worried about missing out on their tea.

P&T

and if anybody wants to accompany me on a night time only cache setting trip, just let me know. I have been levering cats eyes out of the road with a crowbar and have a good collection now.... JOKE!!! Actually, they came from some old road 'scalpings'. Problem is, I don't like wondering around in pitch black woods by myself. :surprise:

and if anybody wants to accompany me on a night time only cache setting trip, just let me know. I have been levering cats eyes out of the road with a crowbar and have a good collection now.... JOKE!!! Actually, they came from some old road 'scalpings'. Problem is, I don't like wondering around in pitch black woods by myself. :surprise:

We did the placing in the day light, less dangerous, and you can get the lay of the land before sending someone over the edge of a cliff. This is why we need testers to actually see if it is possible to find the thing in the dark.....

Hopefully it is possible... just have to wait and see if it works or not. Fingers crossed

Pengy

If we find it tonight, do we get to log it when it becomes active? B)

Yeah, once we know it works, we`ll send the nod to Eckington when we get home so people can log the find.

Would be a bit nasty if you had to do it twice. We aren`t that sadistic..... (maybe the next cache we have planned... Oops said too much ;) ).....

Pengy

Yeah, once we know it works, we`ll send the nod to Eckington when we get home so people can log the find.

Would be a bit nasty if you had to do it twice. We aren`t that sadistic..... (maybe the next cache we have planned... Oops said too much :P ).....

Pengy

I'm still interested to find out why you had to be up a tree to place the trail-tacks. The night caches I've done in Texas have had the reflectors at between waist and shoulder height as the light reflects back in a straight line.

You got one up a tree, that might mean that Cave Troll & Joan won't be able to see it. B);)B)

Unless they stand on John Stead's shoulders that is. :)

Edited by SlytherinAlex
I'm still interested to find out why you had to be up a tree to place the trail-tacks.

Well, waist height/eye height when your looking down a hill is about 6 foot up. If you shine the torch parallel. Hence the tree falling incident. Although wish I wouldn`t of now, got a huge bruise my shoulder. Still it`s the price you have to pay for being a smartar*e.

John Stead could always use stilts, although they may sink in the mud a bit ;)

Pengy

Edited by Pengy&Tigger

I'm shocked B) by the discrimination being shown against those who nature has made anatomicly challenged hight wise, It's not their fault they walk closer to the ground :) . Just think they have less distance to fall, and so have a softer impact ;). Not everyone can be a normal hight :D

Dave running for cover from CT&J and John Stead :P as I dont fancy being chained to the tracks in front of a Steam Train B)

There is no point setting caches of this type if people are gonna just go out and follow footprints in the snow.

The finder has cheated themselves out of finding it in the spirit in which it was set.

:lol:

Everyone plays the game their own way but I will wait and go for it after dark as it should be done that way.

Edited by Cave Troll & Joan
As there was nothing to say it had to be done in the dark I don't see how you can disallow it.

It does say 'This cache can only be done in the dark!' but I guess it's whether you interpret that as being it is only possible in the dark or it is only allowed in the dark. We haven't made our minds up about today's log, but we will definitely be changing the description and reserving the right to delete future logs.

T