Pictures On The Mainpage

Joe Smith

Just a few quick questions.

The rotating pictures on the main page. Are they a few select pictures from the large directory, and if so who gets to pick what is shown. i know most of my pics are too boring, but one or two may look good.

Joe Smith

Edited by Joe Smith

That was bewitching.

They're chosen by members of the Groundspeak staff during the weekdays. Logistically it would be difficult to take requests since they tend to fall off the front page pretty quickly. I have, however, considered a way people can suggest photos but it is a pretty low priority.

understandable,

you guys are busy enough as it is.

Just thinking about my fifteen minutes of fame, and a job offer from playboy when they see my amazing photography on geocaching.com :mad:

Anyways,

thanks for the quick reply, and keep up the good work.

Joe Smith

I belong to a forum that on the front page, every time you go in it has a random picture from the gallery. It is kinda neat, my pictures have come up there a few times. But there would be the issue of quetionable photos, a newbie might come in for the first time and see something offensive and turn them off forever......

There are too many "questionable" images on the site.

:lol: Really? Where? <_<

Check nudecacher's profile/gallery (intentionally not hyperlinked here!)

Ya chicken, just post it... nudecachers profile

Questional or not I have respect for a guy that can do that.

I wanted to log Snoogan's nude cacher locationless on terracaching and even took the pics but just couldn't fathom pictures of me nude out in the internet.

Good pics though,

keep up the good work

I have a quick question about the pictures on the main page. When I access Geocaching.com from my PDA I can see the pictures but I cannot see them from my home PC. It's just grey. Anyone have any ideas? I don't THINK my firewall or ad blocking could have anything to do with it since I see everything else. I could be wrong. Thanks for your help.

I have a quick question about the pictures on the main page. When I access Geocaching.com from my PDA I can see the pictures but I cannot see them from my home PC. It's just grey. Anyone have any ideas? I don't THINK my firewall or ad blocking could have anything to do with it since I see everything else. I could be wrong. Thanks for your help.

Do you use Norton? I have discovered that Norton has this annoying ad blocker that blocks the images as if they were advertisements. If the REI banner is also missing, that is your problem.

I have a quick question about the pictures on the main page.  When I access Geocaching.com from my PDA I can see the pictures but I cannot see them from my home PC.  It's just grey.  Anyone have any ideas?  I don't THINK my firewall or ad blocking could have anything to do with it since I see everything else.  I could be wrong.  Thanks for your help.

Do you use Norton? I have discovered that Norton has this annoying ad blocker that blocks the images as if they were advertisements. If the REI banner is also missing, that is your problem.

You're right, Jeremy. It's been bugging me to death that I couldn't get the pics, then I discovered that my kid's computer could get them...it's Norton. :laughing:

Does Groundspeak maintain a running, user-accessible list of links of front page logs? that would be kinda cool to go back and stuff...

We have it stored in the database in anticipation of a request like yours. I just have to build out the gallery code (but I'm working on other items at the moment so it will have to wait a bit longer).

There are so many great photos it is a shame we don't mine them for gems as often as we should (or as late in the game as we have).

and a job offer from playboy when they see my amazing photography on geocaching.com :anibad:

Like the people at Playboy surf the web.

Something to think about....

Do their internet filters block sites like CNN.com and Weather.com :anibad:

E

Does Groundspeak maintain a running, user-accessible list of links of front page logs?  that would be kinda cool to go back and stuff...

We have it stored in the database in anticipation of a request like yours. I just have to build out the gallery code (but I'm working on other items at the moment so it will have to wait a bit longer).

There are so many great photos it is a shame we don't mine them for gems as often as we should (or as late in the game as we have).

You mean I can't have it right now, this very minute? B)

Thanks, Jeremy. This will be fun when it's live. <_<