Unique Canadian Trade Items

S&M For Cache

I am going on a 3-week trip to Europe and I will be in at least 11 countries. :angry:

I am looking for some Ideas for unique Canadian items to take over as trade items.

The only limitation is I am going to be traveling relatively light so nothing too large.

So if you have come across any trade items that would make a unique Canadian trade item please let me know.

Thanks

Seann C

I have been busy scrounging for free goodies.

My local MP(Member of Parliment) gave me 25 Canada Flag Pins

My local MPP(Member of Provinvial Parliment) gave me 25 beautiful Ontario Flag Pins

and then on to city hall...

At city hall I went to the Economic Development Office and got 25 City Emblem Pins and a bunch of pamplets and brochures.

Quite a haul.

Binrat

I went to Italy last summer and had the same question.

What do people associate Canada with - Niagara Falls!. My parents live near there and did me the favour of going to a Dollar type store and picked up some souvenirs. Key chains, bookmarks, lanyards etc all for a buck. I have been following the caches I did and those were always the next item chosen.

After our last cache I gave the rest of my stash to some young italian kids that were at the same restaurant as us - they thought it was great. ... they would have rather had jewelry though. :rolleyes:

Technically, these were freebies too because Mom never made me paid for them. :lostsignal:

I realize you aren't near Niagara falls - and Edmonton isn't that close to Drumheller, or Banff but maybe you know someone going there.

Fireflyfan