Anyone Had Contact W/"coasties" Lately?

R&T4SURE

Has anyone out there had contact with "Coasties" recently? Thay moved to Connecticut from Oregon and the caches they planted need maintenance. I have tried, several times, to contact them via e-mail for permission to adopt and maintain their cashes in my home county. If anyone can get ahold of them please have them get in contact with me (R&T4SURE) via direct e-mail at rico3151@peoplepc.com or through geocaching.com. Thanks! :unsure:

R&T4SURE

If you sent emails to them and they didn’t bounce back, 10:1 they still have a valid email link, and received your messages.

You could also try and use a ___post-a-note___ to their cache pages. I would give it 30 days, for them to answer.

Then , maybe drop a line to your approver, politely asking them to help nudge the owner on.

The other thing may be, they already arranged for someone to take care of them.

Be patient, happy caching SF1

This MAY be slightly off-thread . . .. but there is a local cache near the Army Base called Fort Bragg that I have 'maintained' without adopting it simply to be considerate of cachers that follow me . . . you know, dry log placed in a baggy to replace a wet one, move it a few inches to a less visiable-to-mugger spot, replace the broken/cracked container, etc.

Emailed the owner to let them know and to give coords to where I stashed the wet log - got no response. Since it is Fayetteville (Ft Bragg), they are probably in Iraq or stationed away.

We never know the situation that others may find themselves. They may come back with a vengence and be pleased that you helped. If not, other cachers WILL appreciate. There are no losers when we help ewach other, right?

I would have chosen the New England forum, since that is where they now live. Someone there might know them and be able to get in touch.

Northwest forum is the better place in my opinion because I know that Coasties were known by several NW cachers because they've been to many events... and one of them may still be in touch. They've only found a handful of caches since moving.

Also it looks like mackie may have previously adopted one of their caches. To me it is better to adopt than just to maintain because it gives you access to edit the cache page if you need to.