Wildlifewriter Joins The 100 Club

klaus23

A quick Congratulations to Paul, of wildlifewriter fame, on reaching his 100th cache.

A true purist in every sense of the word, he did this without logging virtuals or locationless caches, and reluctantly even had to leave his native Ulster once or twice to get some numbers up. :)

His logs can be best likened to a Belfast accent... Abrasive, yet honest :unsure:

If you think that he is a man on the edge, you'd be right. He drives faster than Schumacher, smokes like a chimney, appreciates a fine drop of wine (in a bucket),

never struggles to express himself (struggling while putting on gaiters: "I've conceived children faster than this"), has a chequered past (test-drove De Lorean prototypes) and is generally a very friendly, and generous, all round gentleman.

A big thanks also for the bottles of "Bitter and Twisted", a direct retaliation for the bottle of "Old Git". A gift for the occasion of my own milestone (200), I'm glad to say they were enjoyed in good company.

It was nice to have been there on the day, which was not without incident.

Logs (and funny photos) can be found on the log page for Mini Mountain

He is joining an elite club of Irish cachers, becoming only the sixth resident on the island to be inducted into the 100 Club.

* A message from our sponsors: This post was sponsored by the Red Wine Export Board of France. Paul is responsible for the consumption of 0.1% of the total wine production of our country, for which we are most grateful.*

Edited by klaus23

Here Here!

Or there there, I hope the shoulder improves, Paul.

Congratulations on the 100th, hereinafter refered to "Wee Binian the hard way - in tennis shoes" What next, across the Andes by frog?

I can only say I had trouble keeping up with Paul on the way to the ice house and at his rate I'm sure his 200th won't be too far into the future.

Cheers

He drives faster than Schumacher, smokes like a chimney, appreciates a fine drop of wine (in a bucket),

* A message from our sponsors: This post was sponsored by the Red Wine Export Board of France. Paul is responsible for the consumption of 0.1% of the total wine production of our country, for which we are most grateful.*

.....I've never met you Paul, but I wish I could one day, I have a feeling that our tastes might pissibly :) (sic) overlap.

Many congratulations on your pure ton! :):unsure:

Congratulations Wildlifewriter :)

Hop on the ferry over to Stranraer and bag the next ton no problem :unsure:

You might even find an old codger on the quay ready to welcome you and act as a GPSr to the general direction of all the West Coast of Scotland's cracking caches!!

Team Ullium.

If you think that he is a man on the edge, you'd be right.

And I ain't the only one:

Given that he, in the space of only 12 hours...

1) Climbed Slieve Donard in an 80m.p.h. blizzard, followed by

2) an attempt to out-drive 'Wildlifewriter' on wet tarmac, and

3) then proceeded to lecture Mrs. 'Wuthered' (of all people) on English etymology,

...it's hard to avoid the conclusion that 'Klaus23' is a young man who cares nothing for his own safety. The last one was particularly dangerous and foolhardy, and he only just got away with it. (She's been known to devour students in similar circumstances, leaving only the bleached bones.)

:D

1) Climbed Slieve Donard in an 80m.p.h. blizzard, followed by

That... was completely sane and safe :lol:

2) an attempt to out-drive 'Wildlifewriter' on wet tarmac, and

A very foolhardy attempt, but the odds were stacked in his favour given him owning a 120bhp 1.9dci (Turbocharged) Renault Megane, and me having my trusty 85bhp 1.25 16v Fiat Punto Sporting, which was carrying the day's hiking gear as well as my brother, and is somewhat prone to oversteer on wet roads. :D

3) then proceeded to lecture Mrs. 'Wuthered' (of all people) on English etymology,

Ah, that was my sweeping "Sure, we all really speak German" backed up by references to the Canterbury Tales and ancient English. I think she was too tired to argue. :D

But nobody could lecture wildlifewriter on Ulster-Scots. :lol: