Merry Christmas To Me

BigWhiteTruck

My Christmas started early with a new day pack from my employer, then I recieved the REI Half Dome 2 tent 692840_7419.jpg

A new light weight parka for caching in winter and rain

711743_7545.jpg

and some windproof, waterproof, breathable pants for rainy day caching

718215.jpg

But the "bestest" news was finding out that I will be an uncle, and the projected due date is on my birthday. The day will not come soon enough when Michelle and I write in a log that we found a cache with our nephew :rolleyes:

I got a new Garmin ETrex Legend for Christmas and I'm looking forward to going out and finding my first cache...sounds like a lot of fun. I have d/l the coordinates from the pocket query to my gps unit and have my pda set up to read the html pages from the query. Now all I need is a little time and I'm ready to roll! :unsure:

My husband bought me a Palm Zire 72. Digital camera, video recorder, voice memo, mp3 player...wahoo! Not to mention the fact that it makes paperless caching so much easier than using the Palm m125 I was using. I didn't even ask for it! And my father-in-law gave me the "Forever Flashlight", along with a magnetic bracket that will mount on my chair . No batteries or bulbs to replace! I must have been a good girl this year. :)

zire72.jpgff.jpg

Looks like Santa was good to the geocachers out there. I too got many gadgets. A new PalmOne zire31 which I can't figure out how to get geocache pages downloaded to. I also got a new MP3 player, and a new cell phone. A new GPS bright yellow topped the packages. Now all I need to do is learn to use these gagets. I KNOW the geocache pages can be sent to a palm pilot, but HOW??? my book doesn't tell the process. I have HotSync on the palm, and I subscribe to GSAK, but I guess I need hands on lessons. Anyone have any advice on how I can learn???

Looks like Santa was good to the geocachers out there. I too got many gadgets. A new PalmOne zire31 which I can't figure out how to get geocache pages downloaded to. I also got a new MP3 player, and a new cell phone. A new GPS bright yellow topped the packages. Now all I need to do is learn to use these gagets. I KNOW the geocache pages can be sent to a palm pilot, but HOW??? my book doesn't tell the process. I have HotSync on the palm, and I subscribe to GSAK, but I guess I need hands on lessons. Anyone have any advice on how I can learn???

First of all, you'll need a program (or programs) to convert the .gpx file created in a PQ (pocket query) to a .pdb for your Palm. Personally, I prefer Cachemate, available at Smittyware.com. The trial is free, and if you decide you like it, the price is very reasonable at only $8. It's very easy to learn and use, and also allows you to log your finds on your PDA (for those times when you need to remember which caches you found or what you took and/or left before you can get home and log them online).

Cybret has an excellent tutorial on using the combination of two programs called Spinner and Plucker. I started with these, but prefer the ease of Cachemate.

Welcome to the wonderful world of paperless caching. If you need any help, feel free to contact me. :huh: