So Just How Do You Do A Lamppole Cache?

amytincan

I found one, it was clever...

but maybe it was more clever than a typical lamppole cache. The cache looked like it belonged there. Just wondering?

I was gonna post "I'd tell you but I'd have to kill you" but since PS told you, I guess I'll have to kill him! B)

Seriously, a better question is WHY do you do (hide) a lamppole cache? :lol:

(For newbies out there, hesitate to hide one because the first one you found was really cool. Wait til you find 5 or 10 of them and decide if it's still worth hiding).

B)

sd

I found 2 caches on one lamppole, and they weren't under the base either.

I guess that was before the 528 rule eh? B)

Nope.

It was missing and after a couple of weeks it was replaced by a new container.

When we found it someone had brought the original back and then thwere were 2 electrical outlets on that pole!

I don't get how anyone can be proud of hiding a cache in a parking lot.

This one is probably the most difficult cache I've ever found. If you don't get the pun it's in the parking lot of a large mall. It's listed as a difficulty one. I'd list it as a 3. I know there are lots of people who don't log DNFs for this cache. If you read the logs you see people saying they came back multiple times trying before they found it.

Just read the last two logs.

Correction: It IS the most difficult one I've found if you don’t count the micro in the official gc.com micro container. Hidden in an area where it could be in a thousand places and the coordinates were 50-70 feet off.

Edited by Thot
Make sure it's in an interesting parking lot.

I don't get how anyone can be proud of hiding a cache in a parking lot.

Jamie

Looking for a cache in a parking lot is a lot more interesting than shopping for clothes with my teen daughter.

Or shoes with my wife.

No kidding, have you ever looked at the miserable looking husbands in the women's shoe department? Also, why do they always sell chocolate at the women's shoe counter... is that for women who are having a bad day? Someone needs to wake up and open a bar adjacent to the shoe department at all the stores in the mall. B) Then the guys would have something to do instead of having to pretend that they can tell the difference between the 30 different shoes your wife just tried on.

you know, when i'm out binge caching and i've just busted my butt looking for a really hard multi and maybe i find it and maybe i don't i love to pull into a parking lot and scoop up a little something i can find without too much effort.

it refreshes me and gives me strength to go face that puzzle one more time. bonus if i can get a samwidge there.

you know, when i'm out binge caching and i've just busted my butt looking for a really hard multi and maybe i find it and maybe i don't i love to pull into a parking lot and scoop up a little something i can find without too much effort.

it refreshes me and gives me strength to go face that puzzle one more time. bonus if i can get a samwidge there.

somebody ought to put one at the stupid hardware store.