Travel Bug Sidetrip

Kfam

Greetings from the U.S. Pacific Northwest!

We are very excited to see that our Travel Bug A Vagrant Fungus Among Us has just passed it's 20,000 mile mark and is currently in a cache near London.

We would like to see it pay a visit to the office of Geocaching Today for a picture.

We have a new Washington State Geocoin to send to the cacher that can accomplish this mission.

Thank you and Cheers!

We've been very pleased that the Mushroom has had the great fortune of being moved along by cachers of such high caliber.

After reading all through the magazine's website, we are unable to find where the "office" is or any procedure for getting a picture on the "visitors" page.

We figured that those details could be worked out by locals willing to help with this frivolous request. We hope that it's not too much to ask from so far away.

Our daughter (who hand-made this traveller) has moved away and will be very happy when she hears of it's new mission.

Thank you all, once again, for playing this game with us.

Cheers!

Best cache & dash I can think of is "A Close Encounter" by Ranger Nigel (GCBC35)

Just off the M62 near Birchwood it should take no more than 15-20 minutes from car to cache and back again.

Yep and even I found it on sat :D :D so its not that hard :lol:

Some might disagree with you on that one Deego! That the cache is easy I mean!

Edited by Firth of Forth

Simply Amazing!

You guys are awesome! That took less than 48 hrs to complete the mission.

Unless anyone disagrees, I believe that Beds Clangers (what a funny nickname!) has earned the Washington State Geocoin for his efforts.

As soon as I can get an address, it will be in the mail.

Also, a special thanks to Inukshuk for putting together a great caching magazine and for allowing the Mushroom's picture in it.

Thanks to everyone that responded to this forum topic with such friendly support and enthusiasm.

We are, of course, open to any suggestions for it's next mission once it gets back into a cache. Mrs K. would like to see it near something connected with the Beatles

Thanks again. Happy caching and Cheers!

Dan @ Kfam

The fungus came out caching with me today and we toured several west pennine caches together before I dropped it off in Simon's Lodge - I've got plenty of photos for the mag which I'll hopefully have time to write up tomorrow.

Sorry I couldn't get it into a Liverpool cache but I'm sure someone will do the honours soon enough!

I totally agree that Beds Clangers should claim the prize.

Thanks too for the flowery comments re the mag, I'm glad you like it.

happy caching

Inuk

Wow! I just don't know what to say.

All we were hoping for was just a little picture in the gallery.

Thank you, Inukshuk, for the great write-up. It's really nice to see the Mushroom travelling through such beautiful countryside.

Our Daughter called today and we told her of this special mission. She was very excited about the mission and will be thrilled read the feature article!

It has been really fun, the past few days, reading the UK forums and chasing links to your caches and magazine ads. Following the adventures of your local cachers, it's almost like visiting there.

We are still looking for Beds Clangers to reply with an address to mail the coin to.

If all the cachers between us were as good as you folks, I'd just drop it in the nearest cache with a mission to get to him.

As soon as I can figure out the exchange rate, we will be ordering a pair of T-shirts from the GeocachingToday website. Mrs. K just loves the logo.

Thanks again, All

Cheers!