100!

Yin Yang Pony

I just logged my 100th find. :laughing: I know it's not suppose to be about the numbers It's just that it seems like if you are in the 2 figure range, you're still a rookie.

Is there a magic number where you are considered a grown up in geocaching?

By the way, I'm usually one of the lurkers. This is the first time, I've ever had anything to say.

Oh, yeah, Happy Holidays everyone.

I just logged my 100th find. :laughing: I know it's not suppose to be about the numbers It's just that it seems like if you are in the 2 figure range, you're still a rookie.

By the way, I'm usually one of the lurkers. This is the first time, I've ever had anything to say.

WTG! And don't stop there! Only 900 to go to the K club!

I think the magic number is between 25 and 50. Of course, I have grandkids and I haven't realized that I am supposed to have grown up yet. (How do you make this font a little bigger?) :rolleyes:

I just logged my 100th find.    :laughing:  I know it's not suppose to be about the numbers  It's just that it seems like if you are in the 2 figure range, you're still a rookie.

By the way, I'm usually one of the lurkers.  This is the first time, I've ever had anything to say.

Congrats to you on #100.

I had to log my #100 today too as my post count was at #99 and was afraid to post anything.

Dang, now I've got to go out and find some more. :rolleyes: Back to lurking.

You Da Man! That is, assuming you ain't Da Woman!

I ran into a couple of guys on the trail this morning who were out on their first day (their second cache) and we finished the multi together. It was a good one, too. They were just so happy and excited to have discovered geocaching, I was downright jealous of their rookie-hood. Think how many great caches close to home they have to look forward to!

I suppose every stage of the game must have its attractions...

Then again, you have to ask how many cachers actually stick around to reach 100. It seams the norm to find a dozen or so and then lose intrest. Poor folks... don't know what they are missing B)

The questions was for a "magic" number where people stop being rookies. As far as I'm concerned, one stops being a rookie when one signs up to become a paying member. For me, that was at approx. 100 caches.

Statistically, it might be interesting to see if there is a 'magic' number after which, when reached, cachers are very unlikely to quit.

You may be right. I wouldn't be surprised that there is a very large number of people who sign up, do up to a dozen caches, and quit again. I'd call that caching infant mortality. Whoever makes it past that point, however, is unlikely to loose interest, and is likely to continue caching at a steady pace (which might be either high or low).

Congrats on the 100 milestone. Don't pay any attention to the anti number crowd. The way I look at it is that higher numbers usually means a cacher has enjoyed this wonderful addiction longer than me or perhaps is lucky enough to be able to devote more time to the sport. There are some 'number nuts' out there but most of us just love the sport and indulge in it whenever we can.