Obsession

Team Bam Bam

There are some cachers (you know who they are) who are obviously obsessed with the sport. Whenever one has this level of interest & involvement in something there tend to be moments when the activity overrides common sense and actions may seem in poor judgement.

Non-Geocache example: When TBB#2 was pregnant with TBB#3, TBB#1 (me) missed the ultrasound... because I was having Direct TV installed. The installer ran late and I missed the ultrasound. I was obsessed with having my satellite TV and made a decision that, in hindsight, was terrible.

I'm sure there are some good 'Obsessed with Geocaching' stories out there. Lets hear 'em.

(The ultrasound will be used against me in arguments for countless years to come)

Non-Geocache example: When TBB#2 was pregnant with TBB#3, TBB#1 (me) missed the ultrasound... because I was having Direct TV installed. The installer ran late and I missed the ultrasound. I was obsessed with having my satellite TV and made a decision that, in hindsight, was terrible.

Oh man, you are screwed for the rest of your life with that one. Mistakes with regards to the wife are never forgotten. Mistakes with regards to the wife while she is pregnant carry over into multiple "when I come back in my next life" life times.

Now I wouldn't say that i am 'obsessed' with geocaching, I have the slight urge now and again to go out and find something silly in the woods. I have other interests too, so my geocaching availability is limited. However, none of my hobbies seem to jive with Mrs Avroair.

Case in point the Pirates of Harriman event, July 24th. Mrs Avroair asked me what time the event started. 10 a.m. was my response, but I need to be there at 8:30 a.m. to set up. She then asked what time we were finishing, no later than 4 p.m. I said. I promised her dinner out afterwards.

Well, at 7:30 p.m. and still standing in the picnic area with no intention of leaving, I was reminded of my obligations. We got home by 9 p.m. I ordered pizza and missed out on going out to dinner with my one true love (my wife in case you guessed wrong). She wasn't pissed, worse, she was disappointed , I was mad at myself. :lol:

She now brings it up every time I am late past the time I said I would leave. :lol:

You need to add more padding to your arrival times!

:lol: I did, THAT'S the problem...

She will also never forget the Nightsweats geocaching group hunt when I told her 11 p.m. then moved it to 12 a.m. And Kar of Team Shibby and Serg314 had me chatting in the parking lot until 402 a.m.!!! :lol:

Allright... I stole my kids rubber ducky and made a Travel Bug out of it. :lol:

My in-laws gave me a gift of a small, stuffed camel maybe 10 years ago, when my stepdaughter was about 5. Last year she spotted me making it into a travel bug and got very angry. "Grandma and grandpa gave that to you" she said.

Its still sitting on the shelf. One day when Allie isn't looking, you might find it in a cache with a dog tag attached.

My in-laws gave me a gift of a small, stuffed camel maybe 10 years ago, when my stepdaughter was about 5. Last year she spotted me making it into a travel bug and got very angry. "Grandma and grandpa gave that to you" she said.

:D:lol::lol::D:D

My wife caught me placing some of her scented candles into an ammo can I was preparing to hide. She got pissed, took them out, but I managed to hide one in the bottom. The cache smells lovely! :D

There are some cachers (you know who they are) who are obviously obsessed with the sport. Whenever one has this level of interest & involvement in something there tend to be moments when the activity overrides common sense and actions may seem in poor judgement.

I'm sure there are some good 'Obsessed with Geocaching' stories out there. Lets hear 'em.

(The ultrasound will be used against me in arguments for countless years to come)

:lol: Do you need a Cricket? :lol:

What? Me obsessed? ;)

Dear Floopy,

I have seen the phrase, "it was on my way home from work" used in your logs to describe far too many places - unless you are changing jobs every 3-4 days. With 3000 finds you may be, I don't know. By my last count "on your way home from work" now encompasses 9 states, 6 countries, 3 continents, and possibly one other solar system but I still have to check the topo-map.

We would love to hear a little morsel. Wha'cha got?

Kindest Regards,

-Team Bam Bam, esq.