Cache Handed In As Lost Property

kbootb

I was quite sad to see that a local cache had gone missing and been archived.

However, today I noticed that it had come back to life. Read the description to see that the cache had been handed in to the local police as lost property. The police contacted the owners via the website.

I don't know any more details. Have a look at big view

I just wondered if this was a first?

Sorry to give you the bad news  , but you've just helped to finance another camera . All fines go on road safety, and financing the cameras and opperators.

So what you are saying is that if all the other motorists hadn't been fined, this camera wouldn't have been bought and I wouldn't have been caught. It's all their fault.

I knew it, it's a conspiracy - they deliberately organised a bus to drive slowly from Dorchester for 30 miles, then when everyone overtakes on the deserted dual carriageway they catch dozens all at once.

If it wasn't for the lack of caches in jails, I'd take the second option. Just this time though, I'll pay the fine...

Edited by Kitty Hawk
Interesting. The cache seems to have gone missing in July, and then resurfaced in September. I wonder where it was in the meantime.

Aparently in the lost property office of the police station. they clear out every 2 months but the officer thought the cache "looked to important and thought out" to just be thrown away so she got in touch via the guys in Groundspeak.

Another good reason to use ammo boxes with an official sticker on them.

Chris

Interesting. The cache seems to have gone missing in July, and then resurfaced in September. I wonder where it was in the meantime.

If the police can manage to "lose" my husband's Imprezza for a month they can certainly lose a cache box. It was stolen from outside our house and almost a month later we were on the verge of getting the insurance payout and buying a replacement when a repair garage called to ask when we were going to settle the bill for the storage - we didn't even know they had found it! Apparantly someone was on holiday - meanwhile I was left to manage for the school summer hols with no car!

We were glad to have it back though and it did turn out to be quite exciting - it was used in an armed robbery :lol: - fortunately noone was hurt. :anibad:

However, today I noticed that it had come back to life. Read the description to see that the cache had been handed in to the local police as lost property. The police contacted the owners via the website.

I just wondered if this was a first?

We inherited a cache which had been handed in to lost property at its park - it didn't get as far as the police though. We turned up to the park, went in to the information centre and they handed it over with a bunch of pens and stuff added from the gift shop! We then went out and had to find the right place to hide it - much harder than finding a cache which is there.

Stu

(Just got a speeding ticket for 80 on a deserted dual carriageway miles from civilisation. Gordon's obviously short of cash this month)

Sorry to give you the bad news :anitongue: , but you've just helped to finance another camera :laughing:. All fines go on road safety, and financing the cameras and opperators.

Dave

Self financing hmmm. Of course the budget they have for buying extra speed cameras never gets used up on actually buying cameras as this money comes from the fines. So where does that money go?

(Just got a speeding ticket for 80 on a deserted dual carriageway miles from civilisation. Gordon's obviously short of cash this month)

Sorry to give you the bad news :anitongue: , but you've just helped to finance another camera :D. All fines go on road safety, and financing the cameras and opperators.

Dave

Self financing hmmm. Of course the budget they have for buying extra speed cameras never gets used up on actually buying cameras as this money comes from the fines. So where does that money go?

Our very own Area 51! What, you didn't think all the car and fuel tax was actualy going into maintaining the roads did you? :laughing:

I think they need to complete their flying saucer by the end of next year so Tony can fly home.