Do I need to be stealthy?

widespreadpanic

Yes, it's a good idea to be aware of who is around and may be watching. It's important primarily to keep the cache hidden from non-Geocachers, otherwise they often wind up stolen.

Also, on several occassions, observers have reported suspicious activity to the police, who upon examining the area and finding a container, called in the bomb squad.

The fewer non Geocachers who know about a cache, the better are its chances of lasting.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on its hind legs, but by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" -Max Beerbohm

I was near a cache once and there were a bunch of local kids around. They were very curious what I was looking for and what my electronic box thingy was. I told them about the GPS, but was sure if I told them about the cache I was looking for, they would plunder it. I could see the cache, but I could not get it for fear of it being plundered by these kids...so I left.

Juanbob icon_eek.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

Sometimes you’ll find that carrying an inventory of useful items will discourage non-cachers from hanging about.

Nice setup Criminal, I can see all of the Items having caching uses except for the lock pics (unless you lock your keys in your car when caching). icon_smile.gif

"We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the Borg."

Actually, I was kinda liking the mini-tripod. I could pop my 3+ on this and let it collect the best epe while I start my searching. This way it doesn't have to sit on my pack (risking falling to the ground when I pick up said pack) or sit on the muddy ground.

I need to 'borrow' this from my camera bag.

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

In Georgia, at least, possession of the lock picks can lead to legal problems. For there to be a conviction under 16-7-20, the prosecutor would need to prove intent to make use of the picks in a crime, but an eager sheriff from a rural county just might try - especially in an election year. The minimum sentence is one year in jail.

Mike

WillKayak4Food

quote:
Originally posted by cachew nut:

quote:
Originally posted by Minex:

hmm, I don't see an extra pair of GPS batteries in your inventory. icon_smile.gif

yeah, and I see a spare camera battery and no camera icon_smile.gif

Well, I was hoping I wouldn't have to explain that I USED THE CAMERA TO TAKE THE PICTURE! Also not shown, the .38 snubbie. Good point about the batteries, where the hell did they go? I know I put some in there.