Now I Know Why Naked Cacher Does It...

fly46

Okay. Yesterday's plan was pretty simple.

I was going to go look for a job and then I was going to go swap TBs from my cache and take out the donation someone had left me for charity.

Yeah.

So when I got to the woods the cache was in, I was following my GPS arrow (I had hid the cache in a location someone else had taken me to and from at night), went waaay past the cache, and I was trying to keep my dress pants clean and keep stuff out of my open shoes.

So I get to the spot, roll my pants up past my knees so I can kneel down, can't reach my container and don't want to stick my arm (covered in dress shirt sleeve) down in a dirty hole... What a predicament.

After looking around and making sure there was nobody about, I did the only thing I could think of doing, which was take off my shirt and hang it from a tree to keep it clean. So here I was... Nasty dress pants (You know the kind that feels like the waistband is up and your neck?) and my bra, rummaging around a tree trunk for a cache container.

I used to think Naked Cacher was crazy, but yesterday I saw a lot of merit to what he does. I'm assuming those of you who end up caching on lunch breaks tend to not do it in the woods...

I see, dirty on the inside, clean as a wistle on the outside. Careful that's how reputations are born.

But I've done about the same thing. I had an interview and knew I'd be caching after so I brought caching clothes. Then immediatly after the interview I drove out to the cache. Some people might have said at the interview "hey you guys have been nice and all but I need to change into my grubbies" but I'm not one of them. When I jumped out of the car I realized that I still needed to change. So I did it where I had parked at along side the dirt road. Then went and found the cache.

I think the bigger question is: What would you do for a cache?

There's one near me called "Naked in the wind" or something along those lines, where you have to balance your way across a rickety (used to be) bridge to get to the cache site. I could tell you what I did once I saw what I had to cross, but you may have to gouge out your inner eye...

I think the bigger question is: What would you do for a cache?

There's one near me called "Naked in the wind" or something along those lines, where you have to balance your way across a rickety (used to be) bridge to get to the cache site. I could tell you what I did once I saw what I had to cross, but you may have to gouge out your inner eye...

Sounds like the kind of cache I'd do ;)

After a hot hot HOT (did I say it was hot?) August caching day, my caching friend and I both direly wanted to change out of our long jeans and sweaty shirts, because we had a long drive home in front of us. There was no one around but us when we got back to the car, so we just changed right there by the car, in a public parking lot in a city park. I'd like to tweek your purient interest and tell you we got caught, but we didn't. Would I do it again? Would and have.

Now, lets have all your best hot hot HOT jokes. Can't wait! ;)

So, Fly, when are we going caching together? ;)

The worse I've done is had to remove my nice shoes and gone caching barefoot...but you are clearly more devoted than I!

I'll only go if you leave the three eyed cat at home.

You leave my bust alone, cc.... no bust until you've bought me a dink (but thats only because I'm thursty.)

Didn't get caught. Grabbed my cache. Stayed clean. Put my shirt back on before returning to my car.

This summer hubby & I were returning from a family picnic in NH & had decided to do some caching on the way home. We were wearing shorts, tank tops & sandals.

Once we arrived at the cache parking area, we were surrounded by mosquitos. There was NO way, I was getting out of the car in shorts & a tank top.

I reached in the back seat & grabbed our jeans & shirts & sneakers. We changed right there in the car.

Felt like I was 16 & parking. LOL ;)<_<

I've also changed in a restaurant parking lot after eating & before going caching. :wacko:

Edited by wandering4cache
After looking around and making sure there was nobody about, I did the only thing I could think of doing, which was take off my shirt and hang it from a tree to keep it clean. So here I was... Nasty dress pants (You know the kind that feels like the waistband is up and your neck?) and my bra, rummaging around a tree trunk for a cache container.

I would have kept my clothes on (unless, of course, I had some coaxing to take them off :) haha) I'm not sure I would have given a second thought to the clothing until I got home and realized they were dirty. I do have a tendency, however, to bring a pretty purse with me, and I spend some time worrying about getting THAT dirty. Priorities :(