Quick Question On 60cs

I am looking at purchasing the 60cs. This is the question I have. Is it hard to see the color screne when the sun is bright. I know color is great at night but what about during the day? I would be using this mostly during the day so that is why I ask. So basically should I spend the extra money for color or is the black and white better. The only experience I have had is with the Garmin III plus handhelds so I have never used the color. What would you do?

I am looking at purchasing the 60cs. This is the question I have. Is it hard to see the color screne when the sun is bright. I know color is great at night but what about during the day? I would be using this mostly during the day so that is why I ask. So basically should I spend the extra money for color or is the black and white better. The only experience I have had is with the Garmin III plus handhelds so I have never used the color. What would you do?

No... the display on it (I have a 76CS - same screen) is amazingly bright in the sunlight. So much so, that the brighter the sunlight, the brighter the display. It's VERY impressive.

There are some threads here about this exact question/concern with a recent one at http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...1273&hl=display

Outdoors or indoors, the screen is very readable, but in the car and plugged IN, keep the backlight turned ON, because of Glare. There are times when it is sitting on my dashboard while im driving, and I have to have the Backlight on FULL. There is so much indirect light in a car that the backlight should be ON.

The Map 60 is totally readable in daylight.

You can also change the color of the track from a choice of 9 colors.

During the day the color of the land on the display is a tan color and at night it changes to black.

It changes on its own using the sunrise sunset figures that it calculates.

I am not sure that the display get brighter as the sun gets brighter.

Edited by Kermode

I just bought my 60cs & love it. I am still learning new thing every day. No problem at all with colors. Changing the angle in which you look at it can help alot as well, even if you have polarized sun glasses on. And a night when it changes color motiff, I think is helps you not get night blindness when looking at it. ;)

The brighter the sun, the better the display during the day which seems to go against what you might think.

The 60C is a true work of art and because it is encased in rubber, it is both waterproof and really rugged.

As a gadget-hound, this is the most impressive piece of electronics I own, especially after I added the City Select software.

MuddyShoes

Orlando, Florida

The only time I have problems seeing my 60CS is when it is on the dash and I am heading into the sun. I have to turn the brightness up all the way in order to see it. :D

I have never seen a better screen in the sun. It seems the brighter the sun the better the display. This was not the case for my Magellan SporTrak Pro. Bright sunlight washed out the display. I believe most units act the same as my Magellan did in sunlight.

:D