Getfeetwet

Purchased my 60cs about 4 maybe 5 months ago Getfeetwet.com was giving away a free shirt or free hat. I have called them

twice once about 4 months ago and the second time about 2 months ago both time the same guy said its on its way.

Now that its been at least 5 months now I still haven't gotten my shirt or hat. It's the principle. The only

reason I picked them over GPS City was for the free extended warrenty and the free gift. But what good are they if

Getfeetwet.com won't stand up to there offers. Don't buy from GetFeetWet. I will keep bashing them tell they send

me my free gift. Honor you promotions GetFeetWet. Or maybe I should call the BBB. :o

I can only tell you my experience. I will not buy from them again. I am posting this information

so you to can determine if you want to buy form them. If there not willing to send out there free

gift as they stated they would and I think 5 months is long enough then there world means nothing.

So think twice before you buy GetFeetWet.com I wonder if this is good advertising for them. I will give

them a call for the third time and post there answer.

Well... How about that!!! I was just about ready to preorder a Quest from them! Was tempted by their discount, T-Shirt and guarantee! I'll definitely find another deal somewhere else now! I refuse to do business with places who treat customers like that! :o

A couple of years ago, I signed on with WorldCom/MCI to be my LD carrier to get 5,000 bonus Skymiles on my Skymiles account. It took a lot of frustrating phone calls - they kept telling me, "Oh, they'll show up on your next statement," but they never did. Finally on about my 5th or 6th call, I told a customer service rep, "Hey - I'm gonna keep calling and keeping you guys on the phone wasting your time until I feel I've gotten 5,000 Skymiles worth of your time! If your reps make $5.00 an hour, I'll make 20 phone calls and keep each rep on the line for an hour. I'll stop when I see my Skymiles show up on my statement." Whaddya know... they showed up on my next statement after that!!! In the end, they gave me my Skymiles, went bankrupt and they lost my business anyway.

Then AT&T just pulled the same crap on me issuing a $100 credit to my account - and, after 5 fruitless phone calls goin' 'round in circles with their reps, I told a rep the same spiel: "I'm gonna keep calling calling y'all until my credit appears." I got my credit on my last phone bill. I have no doubt that AT&T will be going bankrupt soon - and now I'm gonna switch carriers next month after all the dust settles with my account.

Well, as for getfeetwet, I have no intention of spending any time on the phone with any of their reps to get a T-Shirt or have them honor a warranty (which I'm sure they'll make you run around in circles to get them to honor).

Bottom line: They've soured one customer's experience, and lost at least one future customer. If they had just given what they promised in the beginning, they probably would be doing repeat business with Ron in the future and sold a Quest to me with possible future business from me. That's four probable sales for the price of T-Shirt. Instead, they decided not to give a T-Shirt and made only one sale! That's bad business. :o

Thanks for the heads-up, Ron. Hope you get what's comin' to ya!

If you reside in the U.S. try this.

The Consumer protection Act recognizes a phrase called “Justifiable Reliance”. As a consumer you are justified in relying on the information given to you by A) an employee/representative of the company, B ) print collateral approved and provided by the company, C) electronic information sharing that appears on a company approved website or e-mail, to be correct and honored. Most courts, in all 50 states, will generally side on the side of the consumer.

I am not an attorney, nor am I giving legal advice. I am just sharing information that I have used in the past to “clear things up” with retailers.

I ordered the 60cs pkg with City Select and the auto mount etc. I received that fine but no shirt. I was told maybe two weeks out. I called back and was told the same thing. I finally called to say I was going to order another item and he suggested a hat and free shipping on the handlebar mount I needed. I received the hat (I am wearing it right now) and I have to say its one of the best quality hats I have. He said he was having trouble getting the shirts from Garmin. I can understand the backorder. The 60cs was backordered at the time and he told me there were 600 orders to send out.

I have no doubt that AT&T will be going bankrupt soon - and now I'm gonna switch carriers next month after all the dust settles with my account.

I apologize for being utterly off-topic, but I thought you may want to see this piece of news from a couple of weeks ago. (Read the Slashdot original here)

"Just got it from a press release on the AT&T website: 'AT&T will no longer be competing for residential local and standalone long distance customers. The company stressed that existing residential customers will continue to receive the quality service they expect from AT&T; however, the company will no longer be investing to acquire new customers in this segment.'"

ps: I like how their reference to the quality of service does not betray whether it is actually good or bad. Other companies would have said "excellent quality of service", but I suppose ever since Enron large companies are afraid to lie.

Contact the BBB ...

They have no teeth.

But they can have a ferocious bark. I think it's a clearing house for consumer complaints. If I have any doubts about a company - especially one that does business over the Internet - I check 'em out on the BBB Web site. Seeing a company with a lot of stains there tends to sway me away from their business.

"the quality service they expect from AT&T"

ps: I like how their reference to the quality of service does not betray whether it is actually good or bad. Other companies would have said "excellent quality of service", but I suppose ever since Enron large companies are afraid to lie.

I expect poor quality of service from them. That's why I'll be switching carriers again soon. If I don't like how I'm treated, I go somewhere else.

They're like a Red Giant star collapsing in on itself just before it begins to supernova into bankruptcy! What a sight, eh? AT&T leasing lines (that they built) from Verizon <_<

Edited by Neo_Geo

I have ordered both my 60cs and my cityselect software from them. two orders and got the gift on both. got the order in 1-2 days via ups also (they drop ship from LA -- no tax charged though) :huh:. My review on them is top notch. maybe not amazon, but way cheaper ;).

Edited by spalik

I sent an email to getfeetwet.com mentioning this thread in this forum. I received the following reply and was asked that it be posted here:

==========================================

Greetings:

Thanks for the headsup. Unfortunately, we have not been monitoring these forums for fear of being accused of self promotion. I passed on the info to management for their appropriate action. We will be creating an account in the forum and post a reply. I am not certain who the poster is but regardless, if he is legit buyer and has not received what is due him, I will make sure we take care of it ASAP.

The gifts are offered as "thank you" gifts. The last thing we want to do is offer it and then not send it out since if that was our intention, we are better off not offering it. The service and overvalue of the packages will stand on its merits even without the "thank you" gifts but thought that gifts nice icing on the cake for our customers.

I believe the problem is mostly due to volume we handle. Since as a company policy, we will not hold a shipment due to a partial backorder, shipments go out but the backorder for merchandising products like shirts and caps are not properly documented. This happens because the merchandising items are not in the catalog and could not be entered as an inventory. NO excuses here. We simply have to do better.

Our account probably will not be active for another 24 hours. If you can be so kind as to post this reply from us we will be most appreciative. I will make sure that both the gentleman poster and yourself receive some shirts (I will see what we can do with the CAP since they are still backordered). All I need I need are names and addresses. The information can be sent to xxxxx[edited for content]@getfeetwet.com.

Best regards,

colin

Edited by CheckM8

I got my 60CS from them in May. They were back-ordered, so it took 11 days from the day I ordered until the day UPS delivered it. I had forgotten to put in the Discount code, so I e-mailed them and they corrected it for me. I asked for a XL T-shirt, but got a L. All in all, not too shabby. I'd order from them again.

:smile: Getfeetwet.com has fixed everything and more here is there reply. Thank you Getfeetwet.com you have just earned a return customer.

We were made aware of the problem by a couple of our friends at that forum. Like I indicated to our friends, it unfortunate that we have not been monitoring the forum since we do get a lot of business from the group and we should be monitoring it so we can at least find out what the group needs. We did register 24 hours ago a login, so at least it is a start.

First things first, I need to make sure this matter is taken cared of. Normally it is either a Cap or a Shirt but I will send you a CAP and the Garmin T-Shirt. I will even send you 2 T-Shirts to make up for time loss. All I ask from you is to post our reply so things will be in right perspective. Again, NO excuses here. We messed up and we have to fix it.

How can you beat that they just made me happy. Do I recommend Getfeetwet.com

you bet you can't beat there prices either check them out they have all you GPS needs and more :ph34r: .

Purchased my 60cs about 4 maybe 5 months ago Getfeetwet.com was giving away a free shirt or free hat. I have called them

twice once about 4 months ago and the second time about 2 months ago both time the same guy said its on its way.

Now that its been at least 5 months now I still haven't gotten my shirt or hat. It's the principle. The only

reason I picked them over GPS City was for the free extended warrenty and the free gift. But what good are they if

Getfeetwet.com won't stand up to there offers. Don't buy from GetFeetWet. I will keep bashing them tell they send

me my free gift. Honor you promotions GetFeetWet. Or maybe I should call the BBB. :smile:

You called 'em twice, and "both time the same guy said its on its way."

Could it be the SAME GUY writing email too??? :ph34r:

Something about getting it in writing make it any more truthful...? ;)