Tb Question

fly46

So I'm sitting here holding a TB that I am putting in my cache and I was just wondering what type of TB you usually make..

Are yours usually keychains, some sort of found item that has a hole to attatch the chain, a found item that you've wrapped the chain around, or made some other way?

I have one that's a hot wheels car with the chain going through an open glassles window, and another one that's a keychain...

U?

Let's see:

2 - 44 cent mailbox letters (D and Z) that I drilled a hole into to attach the chain.

1 - ~$6.00 POW/MIA coin that I drilled a hole into to attach the chain.

3 - hot wheels cars (two from caches, 1 from store)

1 - Magentic yellow ribbon breast cancer survivor ribbon (in honor of mom)

1 - squeeze toy we found in a cache that we thought would make a cool TB

1 - decoration off of birthday cake (baseball figure)

1 - squeeze toy modeled after an airplane

1 - Keychain

1 - Used kneepuck from my motorcycle racing days

1 - Microsized coffee mug with "Donna" written on the side

6 unactivated TB tags for next bugs whenever I can think of a new one to release.

Zack

edit: typo

Edited by ZackJones

We just started releasing some, and the first one was a kiowa helicopter with the chain strung through the windows (stabbed hole in them with a sharp tool).

The next 4 are very simple ones, and have been released in the last 24 hours. All four are wood blocks that I burned the names into, drilled a hole through them, and attached the tag with a split ring (Keychain ring). Thought the ring would be stronger than the chain, just in case. We also released 3 coins today. So with these 8, we will sit back and watch a little before releasing some more.

There are some good ideas in the Longevity thread...

:P

My first was a carabiner I'm sending to California to a fellow I sold a GPSr to.

Second was a very loud fishing lure, called Here, fishy, fishy, fishy!. Loud enough for the first person to pick it up to drop it off .2 miles away :o

The third was a tiny fishing reel.

Fourth was a Geocoin, it's goal is to see national parks.

Fifth was a digital camera the kids left outside. I drilled a hole into it and let it go ;)

My next geocoin will be a 'US Ambassadeur' coin, wanting to travel to other countries :P

We have eight out. Five of them are little plastic figurine type things, some that already had convenient holes, and some that we had to drill holes into. One is a keychain with a little guy on it; one was a stuffed critter with an intentionally easy-to-remove TB tag (its goal is to morph into different forms). My favorite one is a little toy bendy person with blank space where the head is; we put a picture of our nephew's face in it so he can virtually travel the world.

I like to both hide and find the type of bugs that you can take interesting or amusing pictures of, so I find these people/animal ones more fun than random objects.

We ahve 16 out. 12 of which are keychains based on some of the characters from the tv show South Park. Two were childrens plush toys we got out of other caches as trade items that had a ring sewn into the toy. One is a hotwheels jet that I just wrapped the chain around and the last was a bendable action figure I wrapped the chain around. Thinking about getting some more but want to see a few more go missing first.

Peace!

I bought four tags. The only one released so far was a Playmobile Viking "Cache Viking" that went MIA pretty quick. Two of the ones I have I have plans on setting out real soon. One is pretty much a copy of one started in Germany and the second will be a variation of my first and the German TB I saw. My last tag is without purpose so far.

I've only released 1 so far, it's a home made T.B from Montana I found over a year ago. I specifically saved it for when I started releasing my own.

I have a key chain I'm getting ready to make into a T.B but other then that I'm not sure what I'm going to make the others out of.

4 of mine are keychains. 3 are plastic 'action figures'. Two are taxi bugs. I have a US taxi bug and one that started in Denmark as part of the International Cache Exchange. I really hope my taxis survive. It is such a simple idea but I really love it!

Team Yatta Taxi

International Team Yatta Taxi

The rest of ours:

3 Hello Kitty Keychains, 1 plastic E.T., 1 plastic He-Man and 1 plastic Skeletor (they are racing to Florida) and 1 metal bull keychain.

Edited by Imajika