Dangerous Drivers

Not strictly geocaching, but you may want to watch out for these dangerous drivers on the road while caching, as there seems to be a lot of them about...

-------

In order to assist other motorists in identifying potentially dangerous

drivers, it's now compulsory for anyone with a lower than average IQ and

driving ability to display a warning flag.

The flag (comprising of a red cross on a white background) will be attached

to the top of at least one door of their vehicle.

For drivers of exceptionally low ability, additional flags are required.

-----------

;)

Tigger

Very Good have noticed a lot in my area also.Off to Wales next week so may not see so many!!!

Sorry to say, I live in Wales, and they are prolific here too.. which is odd because we hate the engl... French.. yeah... :);)

ps. I love everyone, me.

I have read about this, apparently good drivers have a white cross on a blue background and advanced drivers have a single red lion on a yellow background.

I'm sure I speak for all my other countrymen (and women) when I say that we are quite happy for Scots, Welsh and Irish drivers to fly the cross of St George from their cars over the next couple of weeks.

At least that way you can all pretend to support a team capable of reaching the finals! :):D:DB)B)B):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D;)

I think it should be pointed out that by far the best drivers are those to be found in white vans, whether or not they are flying flags.

The logic for this goes something like this:

In the UK, only the best of the best fly with the Red Arrows Air Display Team.

The Red Arrows Practice and Practice for months to fly in tight formation, highly choreographed manoeuvers.

They perform said manoeuvers in a clear sky in a formation of just 9 aircraft, each about 20 feet apart

On average the red arrows lose one of their 10 aircraft each year (10%)

The world acknowledges that these guys are the best of the best as pilots go.

Following this logic, for White Van Man:

White Van Men rarely Practice, or plan their manoeuvers, prefering to Adlib their displays, a sign of great skill.

White Van Men Perform their manoeuvers at high speed on busy roads with other white Van Men and Amateur Driving Display practitioners who they have never before practiced with. They perform these displays maintaining a seperation of as little as 6 inches.

White Van Men lose less than 1 in 100 in a year, (1%) although some do sustain minor dents which do not affect their ability to perform displays.

Therefore, these Driving Display Practitioners must be the best of the best, having higher skill levels than even the hallowed Red Arrows.

Also, the ultimate White Van Men even go to the lengths to have smoke emitters fitted to their vehicles, just like the red arrows.

Under EU legislation UK falls in line with the rest of its continental partners and will adopt the procedure of driving on the right. This will be introduced during July with vehicles marked by a white flag with a red cross moving over in phase 1 (to be completed by July 11th) and all other vehicles moving over during phase 2 (to be completed by July 25th).

Does that mean I drive on the right from the 11th and when my better half removes the flags she goes back to the left? or can we just prevaricate and drive in the middle like most of french, spanish, portugese and italian drivers?

stay safe :unsure:

marinor