How's The Pocket Query Machine Doing

TeamJiffy

Unless there is unusal load on the pocket query server, something is wrong. Typically, this time of the morning on Sunday, I am able to generate a 1-time query and get results in a few minutes. Now it's been over 30...

Is the server ok?

Unless there is unusal load on the pocket query server, something is wrong. Typically, this time of the morning on Sunday, I am able to generate a 1-time query and get results in a few minutes. Now it's been over 30...

Is the server ok?

The problem I've been having is not related to the PQ engine, which appears to generate the PQ in a timely manner, it's the e-mail system, which every now and then doesn't successfully send any e-mail to me for long periods. I can see that the PQ fired but I don't receive the e-mail. When you refresh the PQ page, does it show your PQ as having been executed, or still waiting to be executed?

--Marky

There is an ongoing problem with 1-time pocket queries. And its been happening again since last night. The queries will appear on your "My Pocket Queries" page, and you can do a Preview and see the results. Last Generated will show "Never". The checkbox for (say) Sunday will be checked. On the "Total Queries/Day" row, the count for (say) Sunday will show 1.

But after 15-20 minutes, the query will disappear completely from the "My Pocket Queries" page, as if it had never been entered at all. On the "Total Queries/Day" row, the count for (say) Sunday will go back to 0.

This has been going on sporadically for several weeks (at least), and seems to most often show up on weekends. It will do this for several hours, where 1-time PQ's won't "take". Its been doing this again since at least the middle of last night. And then magically it will correct itself. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

My solution so far has been to reissue the 1-time PQ every hour or two until the man behind the curtain wakes up.

Now you see it...

nowyouseeit.gif

Now you don't...

nowyoudont.gif

Edited by rickrich
Between 2am and 9am Pacific time the pocket query generator crapped out. I rebooted the machine this morning and restarted pocket queries. We're working on a way for the PQ generator to fix itself when this happens.

Have you though about putting Nates bed in the server room? :bad:

Between 2am and 9am Pacific time the pocket query generator crapped out. I rebooted the machine this morning and restarted pocket queries. We're working on a way for the PQ generator to fix itself when this happens.

Seems to be crapped out again.

I think so.

We're off on a driving vacation tomorrow morning (this morning now!) and I've spent half the evening trying to generate queries to cover our destinations but whatever I do it just sticks at "Never". It's looking as though this might be a holiday with no cache hunting :D - and what's the point of that? B)

Seems to be. I set one to run last night and went to bed, figuring it'd be in my inbox this morning. It wasn't. So, I edited the oldest one on my list, figuring THAT would run quickly, it still hasn't generated, guess I'll have to go with old data for today, as I can't wait any longer.......

A slightly different PQ problem, in that I received data that I didn't ask for:

I have two queries which were inactive (no days checked), and I wanted to enable them for Tuesdays. So (today, Weds, around noon PDT) I checked the Tues box for each of them. Lo and behold, within an hour and a half I received PQ results mailed to me. The Tuesday queries ran Weds at 12:03 and 1:17pm.

I would not have expected this. And this would obviously be a problem if I was close to my daily limit and actually wanted to run others today.

Thanks!

--markens

At first I thought I must have setup my query wrong. I am heading to Victoria BC early in the morning so I was trying to pull down a query of caches in the area. It should have maxxed out at 500 but all I got was 78 caches.

I tried it a second time and got exactly the same results. I can't try it again since I am now out of queries for the day :ph34r:

A slightly different PQ problem, in that I received data that I didn't ask for:

I have two queries which were inactive (no days checked), and I wanted to enable them for Tuesdays. So (today, Weds, around noon PDT) I checked the Tues box for each of them. Lo and behold, within an hour and a half I received PQ results mailed to me. The Tuesday queries ran Weds at 12:03 and 1:17pm.

I would not have expected this. And this would obviously be a problem if I was close to my daily limit and actually wanted to run others today.

Thanks!

--markens

I've had that happen several times before, too. Don't know why...and I've had it later in the day, like 8-9 PM ET.

I'll look into that one. I do know to cover the bases my query will go farther back in time and try to run older queries in case they were missed a day prior. I may have to reset the query somehow so it doesn't actually run on the day you click on it if it meets that threshold.

Thanks, Jeremy -- I thought it might be doing something like that but just wanted to check. This was the first time I clicked "yesterday" for a PQ; now that I know that it might cause the PQ to run "today," I won't do it until "tomorrow!"

--markens

I just got four PQ's around 2:00pm EST and all of them which are nearly 500 waypoints each were around 70-80 waypoints.

I hate to drag this up again, but all four of the queries I received today had errors.

They are #63145, 63148, 63149 & 78603.

Thanks!