Seen This?

For a $5 sign-up fee per cache, you can hunt down an eagle silver "dollar" (actually 1 troy ounce of government silver; apx. $5.50 right now) and then have a second silver dollar mailed to you. So, you can essentially double your money if you like FTF hunting. And if you keep the rewards around, they may grow even further in value. It has puzzles, what sounds like micro caches, and FTF fury...sounds like right up some people's alleys.

Unfortunately, it's limited to anyone willing to go to SD, WI, MN right now.

You can check it out at this site. I'm not affiliated in any way, just stumbled on it doing some web surfing.

Interesting concept. There were some video games and treasure hunts in the 80's (and even still today) that were based on the same concept...except those were really expensive to get in and had huge rewards with seriously twisted clues.

Just wanted to let others know my daughter Megan and I found one of the MN EagleCaches. Used the clues and partial gps coordinates. It was a blast and we did receive the second silver dollar three days later in the mail. We are looking forward trying our luck at another one weather permitting :(

The fun part was not only deciphering clues but really watching the gps coords change with every few steps and matching that with clues. Thought others in the MN, IA, WI area may want to try it...it's not a scam.

Have a safe holiday weekend all. :D

SKYCOP

I think this looks like a lot of fun. What kind of prize would it take to shell out $5? I would love to see a hunt for outdoor equipment, GPS etc. But hey, there is nothing like a good old fashioned treasure hunt for gold or silver.

Odds are the are paying more than 5.50 a coin. I find it hard to believe they make any kind of money off this but do think that they have a novel idea to give a little to the game.

In my neck of the woods there are too many locals who know what a FTF is and how to get it. The odds would suck on any one of us getting any one FTF. We don't have anyone who hogs them all but there everyone knows the FTF song.

Edited by Renegade Knight

I didn't realize they did. I don't often check the banner ads, since it seems to be the same one or two everytime for me. As to how much they pay per coin...if even 2 people try for the same cache, they have made up the difference ($5 x 2 = $10 ~ which is about how much the prize is for the winner on each cache).

Odds are the are paying more than 5.50 a coin. I find it hard to believe they make any kind of money off this but do think that they have a novel idea to give a little to the game.

In my neck of the woods there are too many locals who know what a FTF is and how to get it. The odds would suck on any one of us getting any one FTF. We don't have anyone who hogs them all but there everyone knows the FTF song.

They're not giving anything...it seems that paying the money doesn't guarantee you'll find the coin, only the FTF does.