Arkansas Geocaching Has Come A Long Way...

Gaddiel

All of the geocacher’s in Arkansas have done a great job working with state parks and local governments, they are a real pleasure to work with. My hats is off to all involved.

BTW - Hot Springs City Parts are working on a permit systems at this time also

Tennessee Geocacher // Reviewer

Edited by Tennessee Geocacher
I used to live near Devil's Den. Would be some excellent cache spots out there, or in the forest to the west. Nice country, at least for six months of the year.

-Bob

There currently is one at Devil's Den. There were more, but they were archived after the regulations went into effect and the owners did not get Geocaching permits. The forest to the West of there is a good spot for caching. There are currently several caches hidden there.

All in all this is a great are of the country to Geocache in.

--RuffRidr

I have to say I'm a bit concerned about this clause in the policy statement.

"G. If the permit holder fails to remove the cache, it will be removed by park staff and held for ten (10) days, after which staff will dispose of the cache. Confiscation and disposal by park staff will be recorded in an incident report."

If they log enough 'incident reports' what happens to our ability to cache?

I like that they've got a cache friendly policy and I'd hate to see that go away.

Wulf

G: if you are responsible with your caches 10 day's is plenty of time to retrieve it in my opinion.

I do not think we will get a bad mark for that.

I am glad to see this too I was at the Very 1st meeting in Little Rock and helped to get it going for all of us.

I even have a couple with permits that ended up being just right outside the perameter but I still have the permits.

Happy...................................................Geotrails

I did happen to get this in around that time before permits and Geocaching really got goiNg there.

THE STONE

Edited by GEO*Trailblazer 1

I wouldn't worry about the phrase "Incident Report"... thats the form they probably use to record everything out of the ordinary...

Hiker stubbs his toe and shoes up for a band-aid... incident report.

Camper dumps their trash in the wrong spot - incident report.

Raccoons steal all your food - incident report.

Don't worry about it. Looking at the site, and the way the handle geocaching is awesome - great work!

Scott

The fact that the Arkansas State Parks have posted an approval of geocaching on their website seems like a major milestone! Especially in light of the attitudes that so many other states seem to have regarding geocaching. Hopefully others will follow in our footsteps. Way to go Arkansas!

Ditto! I couldn't say it better.