Interesting Cache Pages

Go beyond information like hours of operation, etc. Would you love to see each page include some information about the area around the cache? A bit of a story about why the hider chose the spot? Links to the yellowpages of the local area? Embedded weather graphics?

What would make cache pages more interesting to you?

What would make cache pages more interesting to you?

Um...nothing really. All I want out of a cache page is the coords, info on the cache and the encrypted hint if I need it. I'll enjoy the actual area while I search for the cache, don't really need to have a lot of extra stuff on the page but, that's me. Unless of course, the area is of significant importance in some way.

Rich

Edited by CTgeocacher

What makes it interesting? Standard, easy-to-read page layout, with information that lets me appreciate why the cache owner chose this spot, of all the places in the world, to leave a cache. Why am I coming here? What's neat about it?

Or, alternatively, a well written or humorous story can be nice.

If you don't want to tell me what's neat about it -- making it a surprise -- at least imply that there's something neat here.

i don't really want the cache page to be especially interesting.

if there's something interesting about the location , i DO like that. embedded weather might case problems with printing, and i don't care.

don't put stuff there just to take up space, though. if you don't really have anything to say about the area, don't make up stuff. i just want to find the cache, and if i'm going to see anythign interesting on the way, i probably would like to know what it is.

that said, i have recently adde some pictures (not in the background) to one of my cache pages. although they arelinked to the location (they are at least nominally OF the location) their placememt does not make sense to anyone but me.

the jury is still out as to whether or not people like them.

Too much can be a bad thing. I like a few simple facts and when warranted a brief history. Not paragraphs upon paragraphs. When something looks interesting to me, I'll check out more info on the web. But in most cases, I just scan the info for things about bringing pets, the terrain, points of interest (highlights), a personal story. I wouldn't care how much someone writes except I do print the pages to find and it's annoying when it takes more than 1 page to print.

Female full frontal nudity works for me. :D

Be careful what you wish for...you just might get it.

Didn't you learn anything from that CnC avatar not too long ago?

Female...check.

Full....quadruple check.

Frontal...how could it not be...check.

Nudity...about as close as I wanted to get...check.

I think the concept makes the cache, and for my part I like the extra effort that some people go to to dress up the cache page with backgrounds and supplementary graphics/info. I enjoy hiking, but I also enjoy a sense of adventure.

Some cache locations have adventure built into them, but other locations need a bit of help with the adventure part. A hike through a dramatic canyon or to a stunning vista can stand on its own. A hike along some deer path that's in a greenbelt in an industrial area, well, bring on the concocted story.

I hid a Homie Cache behind a mexican food restraunt in a somewhat shady part of town. It was a one quart container with little, rubber Homies. As cute as these things were, it wasn't an automatic great cache. However, they stem from an art studio out of LA that has more serious art work and additional product lines. I used some of the artwork as a background, used a banner from their webpage on my cache page, and added a link to their website.

I still wouldn't put it in the GREAT cache category, but I think it is a lot better and adds interest for those who seek it.

When I go to search for a cache I print the "logless" version of the cache page to take with me. I will also print the Mapquest map on the back of that sheet. That way I have all of the information about local roads and the cache clues and information on one page. When the cache owner puts a too much information in the description it will end up being two or three pages. I also had one that the printer could only print the left two thirds of the cache page (I think it has something to do with the hiders providing their own html, but I don't know.)

If they are going to add other information to the cache page I would like to have the option of printing a version that just gives the basics.

RichardMoore