Personalized Cache Prizes

Natureboy44

Do any of you place items in your caches for finders to keep as a kind of memento for finding the cache? By this I don't mean trade items, but something a finder can keep whether or not they trade another item. I've been making up buttons for my more interesting caches (see picture below). I got the idea from another local cacher Team Ekitt10 (his is the button in the middle).

93622_700.JPG

I've seen NatureBoy's buttons, they're pretty good. (His caches are good too!) My son loves the MORIA pin. Where do you get them/make them? My quick search produced some button makers that were far too professional (i.e. expensive) for my needs.

I make them froma kit I bought from a company named Mr. Button. After buying the press, they cost me about 20 cents each to make, plus my time to design the buttons. If you don't want to spend the money on a press, you can buy plastic snap-togehter buttons from a craft store like Michael's, although these are about $1.25 each.

I've seen NatureBoy's buttons, they're pretty good.  (His caches are good too!)  My son loves the MORIA pin.  Where do you get them/make them?  My quick search produced some button makers that were far too professional (i.e. expensive) for my needs.

I make them froma kit I bought from a company named Mr. Button. After buying the press, they cost me about 20 cents each to make, plus my time to design the buttons. If you don't want to spend the money on a press, you can buy plastic snap-togehter buttons from a craft store like Michael's, although these are about $1.25 each.

Do you mind sharing how much the press cost and/or maybe a link? They look pretty nice. Of course, the designing the button part would be my problem. :lol:

The button in the middle (with the hiker in silhouette) on the first post was one I made. You can see others at BumbleButtons. I have a license agreement with geocaching.com so any button I make with the geocaching logo helps promote the sport. I use pigment inks and heavy waterproof paper with all my buttons so they won't smear or run, even if the cache gets a bit damp (actually, I kept a button immersed in a cup of water on my desk for over two weeks and it never ran or smeared). I also offer 1" tiny buttons, perfect for micros or small caches.

Edited by honeychile

I've now ordered 300 of Honeychile's buttons. Batches of the 3 Quoddy button versions, "Button of the Month Club buttons", and various geocaching buttons. I, too, plan to incorporate a button (similar to Natureboys great buttons) in an upcoming late spring cache. The price is within almost any budget; and Vicki (Honeychile) will help or even fully design one to your specifications.

http://bumblebuttons.com/

105564_2100.jpg

In my own cache that I hid, I put in a bunch of these erasers. On the cache page I wrote that the finder is welcome to take one for each person in their party without trading. That way, the kids get to grab something just for the heck of it. There have beenmany takers.

I've also thrown a handful of them into some caches that I've found if I felt like the cache was a little understocked.

Very cheap. Very small. Weatherproof. Kids love 'em.

I make small beaded bracelets using multicolored beads and alphabet beads. The beads spell out things like " :bad: I FOUND IT", " :) I LOVE CACHING", " :rolleyes: GEOCACHER" etc. I also add a smiley face beadon them.They are just right to fit in a micro and I just fill it up when they run low. I state in my cache description that there is no room for a trade but please take a bracelet. B)