Cheap Laminators

quimbly

If anyone wants a hot laminator, to do waterproof cards of any type for caches, Aldi's latest offer is a hot laminator for £29.99. Only comes with a few laminating sheets, but my results with it have been pleasing. It was an offer that started a couple of weeks ago, though, so you may find your local Aldi has only a few left. No connection with the company, just a happy customer.

I'd seen a few in Staples/Office World but the prices started at around £50, so this sounds like a bit of a bargain! :huh:

But before I go rushing off to my local Aldi on monday morning ... what sizes can it do? I'm looking for something that'll do A5, A4 and the little credit card size. Does Aldi have a website with it on view?

thanks

I hate to be boring guys, but this thread could be in danger of being construed as being commercial in nature.......... :huh:

Cheers and cache Well,

Eckington

???

Its hardly comercial if all your doing is pointing out to other users where they might be able to purchase a laminator at a bargain price is it?

Now if I came on here and said come to 'adrianjohn's laminator shop' for the cheapest laminators then that would be advertising.

I was told recently that it was possible to use an ordinary domestic iron for laminating, so when the boss was out shopping I borrowed her iron and tried it . After a little bit of experimenting with temperatures it worked a treat, it did no harm to the iron and she was none the wiser. If like me you only ever need to do the occasional bit of laminating then it's worth trying.

P.S. I don't have any connection with any domestic iron manufacturers or suppliers.promise

The Fellmen :huh:

Just to let you know I picked up an A4 "lami-mate" laminator in a tescos superstore today for £24.99 Thought it would be safer than atempting the iron trick that someone mentioned, knowing my luck the pouch would stick to the iron and I would get grief and have to fix/buy a new iron and a lamitor because I would not be allowed to use the new iron to experiment with different temperature setings ;)

:D I laminate all my tags and things with plain old (new) clear packaging tape.

Use the widest you can get, 2 inch works well. Lay strips down, sticky side up- place your tag or what ever on that and the tape over them again. Voila!, just trim to size and you have it . Waterproof and dirt cheap.

Lafrog