Petition Of The Mod's

The Weasel

I would contribute to a fund to keep Whining Bleeding heart liberals from crying in their beer by starting posts like these. First Amendment has nothing to do with Private sector business. Never has.

Hey Lap, I'm a bleeding heart liberal. I hope you can find it your heart to still like me! ;);)

Regardless, you are right that the First Amendment has nothing to do with private enterprise. It only applies to government action. Many people misunderstand or misinterpret that.

With that said, I'm trying to stay out of this whole mod war thing. So I'm not giving my opinion on it. :P

Carleenp

I still like you. It was probably not a good choice of words. I think I have been watching too may reruns of "All in the family"

So, what's everybody's favorite local microbrew?

I got slammed/warned by CO admin for making a joke that appeared to be trying to derail the topic. I doubt you will get the same but oh well.

That's funny (funny wierd...not funny ha-ha)...I didn't get a warning or any notice....they just deleted my post like it didn't exist...that was sort of annoying. If I did something wrong, at *least* send me a PM since the system does exist for good reason. I still have "0 New Messages".

It was hilarious too...someone said that their goal in the goal topic was "to get more than Dad but he will always beat me in remote locations" and I said that maybe they meant to post to the "Geocachers do it..." thread.

;)

Peanuts! Get your peanuts here! Cold beer! Ice cold Beer here!!

As a person who has been trying to stay out of this, but watching intently, yeah I could use a beer. Or maybe popcorn.

I still like you. It was probably not a good choice of words. I think I have been watching too may reruns of "All in the family"

Is that still on somewhere? I suggest you try something like the Discovery Channel. I saw a great liberal tree-hugger show there a few nights ago! ;) Anyway, thanks Lap. I figured you would still like me. ;)

OK seriously, I think I doomed myself by saying that I was staying out of it and not giving an opinion, because now I am itching to give one. Go figure. It is pretty wishy washy though, but I might go post it in the other thread.

I got slammed/warned by CO admin for making a joke that appeared to be trying to derail the topic. I doubt you will get the same but oh well.

That's funny (funny wierd...not funny ha-ha)...I didn't get a warning or any notice....they just deleted my post like it didn't exist...that was sort of annoying. If I did something wrong, at *least* send me a PM since the system does exist for good reason. I still have "0 New Messages".

It was hilarious too...someone said that their goal in the goal topic was "to get more than Dad but he will always beat me in remote locations" and I said that maybe they meant to post to the "Geocachers do it..." thread.

;)

That's because I'm self moderating, take a look at my post now. ;)

;)

That's because I'm self moderating, take a look at my post now. :P

Geek. ;)

It seems more people are upset with the moderating than before so maybe it's the moderating that is the problem and not the other way around.

If people don't like a particular topic or what's going on there, they can switch channels or shut it off like a TV. The sedated can switch to Geocaching and Education or Benchmarks or hang out in their geographic forum area. Those edgey types who enjoy the adrenalin and testosterone will stay in topics like these. Something for everyone.

So leave it alone.

Like before.

Its the same few people who just love to complain about the mods, maybe we should just ignore their threads. We read their same complaints everyday. It gets so old. Geocaching.com is doing such a great job. It has given my family hours and hours of fun. I think Jeremy and the whole crew are doing a fantastic job. I bet 95% of the geocaching community would agree with me.

I jst wish the mods would stop these threads sooner. If I was a newbie to geocaching and I read the forums I would think geocachers were a rude group, but I have met a lot of geocachers in person and e-mail and they are all great so far.

Keep up the great work Jeremy and crew.

I agree that 95% of the cachers are people who don't really care about the arguments and the moderating that's going on in the forums. That's because they aren't on the forums. ;)

So a lot of the 5% who use the forums are complaining. Well, shouldn't they be the ones who should complain as they're the ones who have a stake in them?

Seems logical to me, but what do I know? ;)

edit:spelling again

Edited by Alan2
I agree that 95% of the cachers are people who don't really care aout the arguments and the moderating that's going on in the forums. That's because they aren't on the forums. ;)

So a lot of the 5% who use the forums are complaining. Well, shouldn't they be the ones who should complain as they're the ones who have a stake in them?

Seems logical to me, but what do I know? ;)

It's nice to see an "oldtimer" or "geofart" as I like to call them, get involved as it seems that I have heard to many comments about how this is running you guys off. Is it?

So stop complaining and start your own forum with your own money.

Uh, ok, but do you mind if I do it without spending any money? ;)

I stopped complaining a while ago. It didn't do any good - in fact, things got worse. The reasons are debatable but irrelevant.

I've set up the UNofficial Off-Topic forum for geocachers at:

http://geocaching.sthomas.net/forums/

At last, a place we can talk about anything we want - just keep it clean. ;)

So stop complaining and start your own forum with your own money.

Uh, ok, but do you mind if I do it without spending any money? ;)

I stopped complaining a while ago. It didn't do any good - in fact, things got worse. The reasons are debatable but irrelevant.

I've set up the UNofficial Off-Topic forum for geocachers at:

http://geocaching.sthomas.net/forums/

At last, a place we can talk about anything we want - just keep it clean. ;)

I joined up.

It's nice to see an "oldtimer" or "geofart" as I like to call them, get involved as it seems that I have heard to many comments about how this is running you guys off. Is it?

My age and activities pre-date geo-caching. ;)

As far as getting run off, I've taken worse abuse. It's just that the moderating has become silly like being made to stand in the corner. It's also very condescending. It's one thing when individuals "lose it" with one of their posts. It's another thing when shutdowns and "bad boy" boxes become official policy. It's childishness on the first side vs. egotism on the other. Which is worse?

ALan

Too many posts ago to remember, but someone made the comment that if ya don't like the direction the thread is heading, change the channel. And yes, I think the "Warn" meters are very childish. I used to have a teacher when I was in the 2nd grade that would make marks in a book beside our names for misbehaving. When you got 5 marks, you got a swat with a big wooden paddle. 10 marks would get you two swats and detention. I won't tell you what 20 marks got me...err...umm....some of the kids.

Lets all grow up and be adults, including the Mods. As long as the posts are clean, keep them there. Off topic? I either skip them or move on to another thread. Flaming ain't cool, and no posts should take on a personal attack on anyone (like this one just did by telling the Mods and users to grow up and stop acting like children).

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Too many posts ago to remember, but someone made the comment that if ya don't like the direction the thread is heading, change the channel. And yes, I think the "Warn" meters are very childish. I used to have a teacher when I was in the 2nd grade that would make marks in a book beside our names for misbehaving. When you got 5 marks, you got a swat with a big wooden paddle. 10 marks would get you two swats and detention. I won't tell you what 20 marks got me...err...umm....some of the kids.

Lets all grow up and be adults, including the Mods. As long as the posts are clean, keep them there. Off topic? I either skip them or move on to another thread. Flaming ain't cool, and no posts should take on a personal attack on anyone (like this one just did by telling the Mods and users to grow up and stop acting like children).

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

What like kiss and make up? ;) ewwwwww. ;)

Alan2 wrote:

As far as getting run off, I've taken worse abuse. It's just that the moderating has become silly like being made to stand in the corner. It's also very condescending. It's one thing when individuals "lose it" with one of their posts. It's another thing when shutdowns and "bad boy" boxes become official policy. It's childishness on the first side vs. egotism on the other. Which is worse?

Good post. I hope that someone is listening.

Come on you guys, pay attention to this, this sums up the reason for the dissension fairly accurately.

Here is one you missed. Don't forget to slam this one shut. Can't have people voicing their opinions here.

Closed after a brief deviation because it "degenerated".

So here is one to be closed because someone is upset with the admins.

You're quite right. There are two open topics discussing the same thing; no need for three.