This Topic Is Closed

If this was a real topic it would cover something that happens on GC.com. Something like topics being closed. What happened? I'm gone for a week and whamo the topic fairy has bopped all the interesting topics shut.

Valid replies are those in regards to closed topics, on topic, and off topic. Actually anything with a topic works including no topic.

My doctor gave me this ointment...it is topical. Does that make this post topical or off-topic. And if the ointment were from Jamaica, would that make it a tropic topical topic?

If I took a picture, would that be a tropic topical topic pic?

If Kurt Thomas was in the picture, would that be a tropic topical topic pic of a Knick?

I think I'm going to go see Cat in the Hat....

Yeah, I think the simplest solution now would be to setup the forum to automatically close topics after a half-dozen to dozen posts.

This would take a tremendous load off the approvers and inhibit dialog as desired!

Although I'd previously been supportive of the new policy, I saw one topic w/innuendo closed after the conversation moved to more mundane territory!

Absurd,

Randy

My doctor gave me this ointment...it is topical. Does that make this post topical or off-topic. And if the ointment were from Jamaica, would that make it a tropic topical topic?

If I took a picture, would that be a tropic topical topic pic?

If Kurt Thomas was in the picture, would that be a tropic topical topic pic of a Knick?

I think I'm going to go see Cat in the Hat....

You may want to lay of this tropical topic and see a psychiatrist! Perhaps even a Jamican psychiatrsit? :ph34r:

If this was a real topic it would cover something that happens on GC.com. Something like topics being closed. What happened? I'm gone for a week and whamo the topic fairy has bopped all the interesting topics shut.

Valid replies are those in regards to closed topics, on topic, and off topic. Actually anything with a topic works including no topic.

this isn't a real topic because its 'closed'??? :):):)

I have no problem with closed topics. Some of my favorite topics are closed topics. I read topics that are closed. I post in topics destined to be closed. Some open topics are trashier than some closed ones. Sometimes, I even dream of starting a topic that will be closed.

All topics are created equal. Some of them get closed. Sh1t happens! :)

sept1c_tank wrote:

I have no problem with closed topics. Some of my favorite topics are closed topics. I read topics that are closed. I post in topics destined to be closed. Some open topics are trashier than some closed ones. Sometimes, I even dream of starting a topic that will be closed.

LOL!!! -- Now that's funny.

You forgot about posting to open topics that should be closed. :)

sept1c_tank wrote:

LOL!!! -- Now that's funny.

You forgot about posting to open topics that should be closed. :)

dadgum! That's what is wrong..... I have ben posting to loads of topics that are closed. Might be why my posts don't always show up. But I do agree, they are usually the most interesting. LOL

Nothing to worry about. Since it's invisible, no one will be able to read your posts. You can flame without insulting anyone. No one can take offense. And if they do figuring you probably flamed them, you don't have to feel guilty because you wouldn't know they felt insulted. Might even help with the server bandwith. This plan has possibilities! :)

Consistency must not be a word that is listed in the dictionary anymore.

I find it hard to believe that this ridiculous thread has survived all this time when other threads that were much more on topic were being slapped shut left and right.

<sigh>

Noooo, your kidding right? Topics better then this one closed? That can't happen in America, the land of the free, home of the brave. A place where free speech is supposed to reign supreme.

Is it a little over the top? :D

Edited by Chris&Cindy
Consistency must not be a word that is listed in the dictionary anymore.

I find it hard to believe that this ridiculous thread has survived all this time when other threads that were much more on topic were being slapped shut left and right.

<sigh>

Your right J5. so why don't we get it on topic to save it from being closed. ;) We could talk about anything to do with Geocaching to save it.

Using the subject line of the thread we could talk about keeping topics on topic to prevent them from being closed. Or how to prevent a thread from going off topic. I think the fourms need help in these areas and you and a lot of other experinced posters could really help us a lot to accomplish this goal. :D Let's work together to make this happen.

El Diablo