DITO

I experienced a DITO event the other day...

Everyone should NOT do this

theoil.jpg

theculprit.jpg

Drive in- Tow Out

The flat thing in the upper left is a piece of the oil pan. That 4 inch rock is the object that did $700 damage to the car. The size 11 footprint gives good scale.

geocan.jpg

Trash-out, EVERYtime

~~

Geo-cach-er, n. generally a highy technically competent person with lots of free time. (see also- "Unemployed", Computer administrator, aircraft technician- defense worker- dot-com executive- systems administrator, et.al

Actually it is in the lower end of Cajon Pass, near 17 palms Oasis Cache. So you could say Cajon-es.

I asked myinsuranace agent if this was covered he said "NO, but I am writing down that you were in a Collision"...

Time for a new agent....

geocan.jpg

Trash-out, EVERYtime

~~

Geo-cach-er, n. generally a highy technically competent person with lots of free time. (see also- "Unemployed", Computer administrator, aircraft technician- defense worker- dot-com executive- systems administrator, et.al)

Ouch! Looks like this is another instance for this thread!

quote:
I asked myinsuranace agent if this was covered he said "NO, but I am writing down that you were in a Collision"...

That is just plain wrong! icon_eek.gif I don't think they can raise your rates if you don't place an actual claim. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. Argue with them if they try it!

pokeanim3.gif

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer.

If it don't fit, Force it.

If it breaks, it needed to be changed anyway...

geocan.jpg

Trash-out, EVERYtime

~~

Geo-cach-er, n. generally a highy technically competent person with lots of free time. (see also- "Unemployed", Computer administrator, aircraft technician- defense worker- dot-com executive- systems administrator, et.al)

quote:
Originally posted by GeoCan:

Actually it is in the lower end of Cajon Pass, near 17 palms Oasis Cache. So you could say Cajon-es.

Time for a new agent....

http://blacksheep.rootsweb.com/gc/geocan.jpg

Trash-out, EVERYtime

~~

What? Your comprehensive didn't cover it?

Cheers!

TL

quote:
Originally posted by Cholo:

quote:
Originally posted by GeoCan:

Everyone should NOT do this

That's true, unless you're from Wisconsin, you shouldn't drive on both sides of the road at the same time. icon_rolleyes.gif

I should wake my sister-in-law and have her read this. She's visiting me from Wisconsin. I wonder if she resembles that remark?

Webfoot frog.gif

Tromping through the underbrush looking for Ammo cans, Tupperware containers, & little round disks.

That's true, unless you're from Wisconsin, you shouldn't drive on both sides of the road at the same time.

~~~~~~~~~~

The photo doesn't showthe SOFT sand that boeders both sides, and the DITCHES, The road is really only one lane.

geocan.jpg

Trash-out, EVERYtime

~~

quote:
Originally posted by Webfoot:

Dang. I could have stuck my GPSr outside on the porch, gotten coordinates and gotten credit had that been a yellow one.

I saw four yellow Jeeps yesterday. Four. Of course, I didn't have my camera with me and my GPSr wasn't turned on any of the times I saw them... *sigh*

--

Pehmva!

Random quote:

sigimage.php

Last fall I was getting ready to go caching when I saw my father's dog had escaped and rand odwn the dirt alley across from my house. Following him down the alley I hit a rock that cracked the Y pipe in my cougar and ripped everything from the catalytic converter back free. We cought the dog and took him home then still went caching. It cost me $450 to replace the whole exhaust and an entire saturday that could have been spent caching.

Eeyore

A rocking chair or a porch swing with an old person in it is a histroy lesson.

quote:
Originally posted by bigredmed:

quote:

Dang. I could have stuck my GPSr outside on the porch, gotten coordinates and gotten credit had that been a yellow one.

Knock your self out...

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/thumb/50367_700.JPG

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nebraskache/

Ah, but I know the real truth underneath that one. Underneath, it's nothing but a big red commie.

Thanks for the laugh. icon_biggrin.gif

Webfoot frog.gif

Tromping through the underbrush looking for Ammo cans, Tupperware containers, & little round disks.

quote:
Originally posted by carleenp:

quote:

That is just plain wrong! icon_eek.gif I don't think they can raise your rates if you don't place an actual claim. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. Argue with them if they try it!

Mention the words "Insurance Commissioner" frequently. IF that doesn't work, file a complaint with your state's Insurance Commissioner. Can't raise your rates without a claim. The rock could have been anywhere. The car was being driven over an established road, not used in a manner inconsistent with your personal use type insurance policy (ie: you weren't engaged in a business, or willfully endangering your self or your car), and you didn't file a claim.

Bad, insurance agent, bad! icon_frown.gif

quote:

quote:

Knock your self out...

This is why locationless and virtuals should be banned. Anyone with Photoshop can fake a picture and take credit.

東西南北

Why do I always find it in the last place I look?

quote:
Originally posted by tozainamboku:

quote:

quote:

Knock your self out...

This is why locationless and virtuals should be banned. Anyone with Photoshop can fake a picture and take credit.

And who do they cheat? Just themselves.

Webfoot frog.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Cholo:

That's true, unless you're from Wisconsin, you shouldn't drive on both sides of the road at the same time. icon_rolleyes.gif

I lived in Wisconsin for the first 26 years of my life and I learned early on that you should always leave plenty of space on both sides of the road (especially within 200 miles of Chicago on Friday or Sunday night) because you never know when one FIB is going to pass you on the right at 110 mph in his Audi because some FIB in a BMW is already passing you on the left at 108 mph. icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Searching_ut:

Bummer. Did you have to walk very far to get help? I did the same basic thing to my old 4X4 in a very remote area of southern Utah a few years back. Had to hike over 60 miles, then hitch a ride to get help. People wonder why I always have a big water jug in my vehicle when I venture out into the desert.

I was wondering where abouts in Utah you actually got stranded. I didn't think there were any parts of the United States left where you could be stuck with a motor vehicle and have to walk 60 miles for help. Please enlighten me.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by tozainamboku:

quote:

quote:

Knock your self out...

And who do they cheat? Just themselves.

Webfoot frog.gif

Tromping through the underbrush looking for Ammo cans, Tupperware containers, & little round disks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

==================================================

If it was a competition, maybe, it would be different. By the way (back on topic), GeoCan: Did you trash out?

==============="If it feels good...do it"================

**(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")**

[This message was edited by sept1c_tank on August 17, 2003 at 01:27 AM.]