Young Geocachers

DevilDogs

From reading a lot of forums, and meeting a few people out while geocaching, I have come to the conclusion that mostly older, (30 and up) people do this. Me and my best friend do this together. We participated on a daily basis until we joined the Marines. Now it is hard to do it since we are going through a lot of training. Once we settle down, we will be able to start playing activily again. We and 18 and 19 years old. I was wondering, are there any other younger people who participate in this sport and if so, i would like to know. Thanks

Devil Dog Bennett

I have taken my 11, 12, and 13 year old Girl Scouts on several "hunts", and they LOVE it! I think that geocaching is a great activity to get young people involved in. Not only does it teach them about using a GPS, but it also teaches them to appreciate the outdoors. Plus it gets them away from the TV!! Bring young cachers along with you! Maybe we'll inspire a whole new generation of geocachers!

The top finder when we go out as a family has been Paige - 10 years old. She has an uncanny ability to "find where it's hidden."

For the real tricky ones, I've got to give credit to Krissy. She found Optima, and although I was right on top of it, I would never have guessed.

Our little guy, the sole passenger in the infamous "Mr. Bink's Buggy" goes, but at 2 years old he hasn't expressed a desire to. icon_wink.gif The girls want to go and either place or seek - every weekend.

If you hide it, they will come.

Grandmaster Cache

in my second childhood!!!!

Young = state of mind!

However my wife is getting really old.... and I'm dead meat if she reads this!

** The worst suggestion of a life time may be the catalyst to the best idea of the century, don't fail to listen to suggestions.

It is good to see young people in caching. I am a Antique Bottle collector and have seen just about all the clubs in Florida go by the wayside because the younger generation wasn't interested or us older members didn't get them interested. I hope that geocaching will be around time after i am gone to the great cache in the sky as they say. I think it will from the looks of it as its getting more popular each month. Keep up the good work everyone

Altree

(you will not starve with a p38 and a can of food)