Compliment Dept

I’d like to compliment all those clever enough to make a generalized compliment, to no person in particular, that is actually a very appropriate insult to those few persons who are obviously excluded from the group to which the compliment was directed. Way to go, Kealia! icon_smile.gif

I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me. geol4.JPG

Imagine waking up one day, turning on the computer, and finding no "geocaching.com" site available! Boggles the mind and makes

the heart sink!! Compliments to everyone that makes this site available and working so well.

Ditto all the individual efforts mentioned previously be they "employed" (term loosely used - read VOLUNTEERS) to keep everything up and running or approvers that willingly do what so few of us would want to do! Individual praise to Tennessee Geocacher since we've dealt with him in our specific area. He has to be the nicest guy we've never met!!

All of the above are compounded by the cache hiders and cache seekers who make the game what it is. A few jerks now and then don't manage to lessen the overall category of people found

in geocaching.

Cachers are without a doubt the most "quality" people we have met. Two (or four?) of them are the "Hot Dogs Off Trail" - 2 amazing humans &

2 wonderful dogs - cachers that have become friends through geocaching. They placed the most wonderful "private cache" imaginable. While visiting Arkansas they placed a 4 stage multi-cache on our own property and left the coords as a "goodbye present" to us. Our quest led to us to many areas of our property that we hadn't sought out since we bought the land. Most of the cache areas were WHY we had bought - we simply got too busy to pay attention to them.

Most of the cache goodies were things that had been mentioned in conversation - "I need to get a wildflower book like yours" (yep - it was there), "We'd like to get wind sock" (yep, it was there too), etc. Many things we had commented on in passing - definately made you know that they "LISTENED" to our conversations! I don't think we were ever so amazed in our lives.

And yeah - they even gave us the ammo can and other containers! It was only because of geocaching.com that we've met and become

friends.

Geocachers - truly amazing people! Thank you all!

"Geocaching expands your horizons - not your butt!"

quote:
(R&T)

Geocaching Junkies

posted August 29, 2003 04:39 PM

Wow! It's good to see the thread again! I have a big non-geocaching reason to be happy these days- Solana! Okay, she's not that big, but she's a cutie! She has kept Tracy and I out of the hunt the past few weeks. She was born Wednesday at 12:22am- 6lbs 4oz!

Congratulations! She's beautiful! Enjoy!

"Geocaching expands your horizons - not your butt!"

Thanks to everyone who made Geocaching what it is today!

Thanks to hmarq for getting me into it.

Congrats to Team Tecmage! Now you have an excuse to buy Happy Meals!

Maps?!? I don't need no stinking maps! I got coordinates!

There's a fine line between Geocaching and mental illness, Im just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

[This message was edited by Woodbutcher68 on August 30, 2003 at 07:09 PM.]

Many, many thanks to all the folks who labor quietly and effectively for this site.. I have nothing but good things to say about my admins who are prompt and have manners, to boot!

I like the folks I've met here - generally a big cut above the average mob in courtesy and civility, clever and funny too, with big hearts (tho' some of them would deny it, it's true all the same.)

And NO POP UP'S!!

PS Thanks Snoogans!

PPS sept1c_tank, such a chops-buster, you!

Edited by ATMouse