What's your signature item?

Guest tnunnery

I do have to ask about the Hamster thing...

How can you be sure it'll be ok? I mean, how, without contravening the no food rule, or that someone else will come by soon enough to pick one up?

Or am I having my leg pulled real hard?

------

An it harm none, do what ye will

[This message was edited by Kouros on January 27, 2003 at 03:48 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Kouros:

I do have to ask about the Hamster thing...

How can you be sure it'll be ok? I mean, how, without contravening the no food rule, or that someone else will come by soon enough to pick one up?

I don't recall seeing any food in the cache (assuming, of course, that nobody's sick enough to eat a hamster). Tonsil is a responsible cacher. As for coming by "soon enough," well, that's part of the fun. Sort of like racing to be first to find. Sometimes you make it in time, sometimes you don't.

All I know is that we were given a cute little hamster named Wishes. And we're going to keep him.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

If there's no accounting for stupidity, then why do I need to file a tax return?

People! I don't know where dementia sets in and common sense leaves off in this case.

Let's look at the facts, shall we:

1. Hampsters are *LIVING CREATURES*! They need *OXYGEN AND NITROGEN TO BREATH*!

2. Most geocaches are in *RELATIVELY OR COMPLETEY-AIR-TIGHT CONTAINERS!!!* Your standard Ammo Can, for example, had a *RUBBER GASKET SEAL AROUND THE INSIDE TOP OF THE LID!!!* This is to *SEAL OUT AIR AND MOISTURE!!!*

This type of thing is nothing less than tantamount to cruetly to animals and should be banned at once!

This is not a troll post! What is being done here is, in a few words, *ILLEGAL AS HELL!* It's illegal because it is, in another word, *CRUEL!!!*

Geocaching means a great deal to me. I respect the people who have made this sport what it is, but I can not and will not condone this type of animal abuse.

An admonishment to Tonsil:

1. If this is a troll of yours, than forget the above. Just designate it as such and I will eat my crow. I've been on the 'net since '94 and know how even the most ardent 'net heads can sometimes fall prey to the most basic of fiascoes after a bit.

2. If this isn't a joke--if this is not a ruse--I will have to file a complaint. Not only with the SysAdmins, but also with the local law enforcement office of the ASPCA or whatever is equivalent in your area.

Having had a year of Law Enforcement classes from college (I'm into computers now) with an emphasis on Crime Detection, I can easily obtain this information.

Not wanting any trouble, but not standing for nonsense either.

Respectfully,

Firefishe

196939_600.gif

quote:
An admonishment to Tonsil:

1. If this is a troll of yours, than forget the above. Just designate it as such and I will eat my crow. I've been on the 'net since '94 and know how even the most ardent 'net heads can sometimes fall prey to the most basic of fiascoes after a bit.

I think at this point a picture would say it best:

icon_smile.gif

------------------------------

You are your own worst food

We really do have a hamster named "Wishes" but he was found at PetSmart, not in an ammo box. Tonsil's signature item is a little alien figurine... that's INANIMATE. Not a real alien. We would not want the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Aliens to make inquiries.

I apologize if my contribution to this tangent caused anyone undue concern.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

If there's no accounting for stupidity, then why do I need to file a tax return?

I usually leave my dragonfly. It stems from my kayaking journeys that almost always bring dragonflies onto my boat and thus have developed an interest in them.

People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten LOST!!

quote:
Originally posted by Firefishe:

People! I don't know where dementia sets in and common sense leaves off in this case.

Let's look at the facts, shall we:

1. Hampsters are *LIVING CREATURES*! They need *OXYGEN AND NITROGEN TO BREATH*!

In point of fact, I believe that it is only the oxegen that is needed, the nitrogen is optional and could be replaced with helium, as in mixed gas diving--to prevent nitrogen narcosis....

My two cents worth, refunds available on request. (US funds only)

Those little hamsters would look real cute with a little tank on their back. And just think of it a hamster wet suit. Actually hamsters are great at most Extreme sports. Hamster bungee anyone?? icon_biggrin.gif

Disclaimer - (No live hamsters were actually harmed in the typing of this e-mail)