Do wear advertise cacheing?

Just curious as to how many of you wear your geocache shirts and hats while on the search. If you do, have you noticed it brings up conversations from passerbys? I have never noticed anyone along the trail wearing a CITO shirt or geo cap or anything else. I did see a car once that had a geocache sticker on the back. I have a GEO sticker on my car which was noticed by some of my employees. This is just idle Sunday night curiosity.

I wear my green Geocaching.com hat pretty much all the time. I was accused yesterday of wearing it because "You probably don't have any hair under it." HA. I've got the thickest, hottest black hair you could imagine. My head bakes in this summer weather without a hat!

I don't get too much "Brand recognition" looks from the hat around here, but I do think it helps me blend in when I'm in a park walking around "inspecting stuff." People see a guy in an olive green hat and figure he's got to be doing something important or approved of. icon_wink.gif

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

Almost always wear the hat while on the hunt and just out for an afternoon around town. I have met a few area cachers out and about the town because I'm wearing that green hat. They introduced themselves, asked my log in name, and had nice friendly chat with them. This has probably happened three or four times. It's kind of fun having someone recognize the logo and introduce themselves. Very few non-cachers have asked what geocaching is from just seeing the hat.

pdx33.gif

I always wear my tan GC.com hat while out hiking, and sometimes around the town. I am yet to meet any other cachers, but look forward to the day.

I have noticed in some logs that I have missed other cachers by a mere 30 minutes, though.

-stroh

-Technology...I have no idea what I would do without my GPSr, my TiVo, or my Computer with a DSL connection. I guess I would spend more time with my wife! icon_smile.gif

quote:
I'm so mean looking most people are afraid to say anything even if they recognize the caching gear.

leatherman, is this you?

119047_6100.JPG

*On topic* I wear a Groundspeak hat every day.

==============="If it feels good...do it"================

**(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")**

My mother had one of those custom license face plate made for me. It says 'I break for waypoints - Geocaching'

One day I was at a Circle-K looking for change to get a drink, when I here a knock at my window. My boss was walking by and saw my license plate and saw the word 'Geocaching'. He thought to himself, 'isn't that the THING that Jake does.' Then he noticed it WAS me.

I've been debating whether or not to put an oval sticker in my window. I kinda wish they would make half size oval stickers.

---Jake

I wear my gc.com hat on nearly every outing. I do this primariliy because I usually work up a good sweat. I bought the hat just to wreck while geocaching icon_smile.gif So far... so good icon_smile.gif Another 100 finds and I might need a replacement. It's not really orange any more icon_smile.gif Even after washing.

--------

trippy1976 - Team KKF2A

Assimilating golf balls - one geocache at a time.

Flat_MiGeo_A88.gif

I got a brand new "2003 International CITO" shirt this past weekend. (Thanks for the shirt BTW! icon_wink.gif). I wore it yesterday out shopping. No one asked what it was. I did make mention of someones GC hat this weekend. It was pretty cool. I may need to get one of those. Wish they had a "boony hat" style though....I may just get a Jeep one of those instead...

Brian

As long as you're going to think anyway, think big. -Donald Trump

quote:
I wouldn't be caught doing a Virtual

yuk yuk! icon_biggrin.gif That guy does look really mean.

O.T.: I have actually had three people notice my Groundspeak cap. One was another geocacher, the other two may be geocachers by now!

==============="If it feels good...do it"================

**(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")**

I just have the Hat Pins in the hats I wear. If they woud have some dark colored shirts with just the Square type color logo I would have a few of those, but I like my tee shirts to be of teh very heavy cotten type. I am a bit picky about what I wear.

Oh Yea I have the Geo logo on my Jeep icon_smile.gif

-Robert

I wear the geocap whenever I'm caching and a lot of other times too. I haven't had anyone ask about it yet, except one rangecop who stopped by while I was returning from a local cache. He already knew about geocaching, so he figured what I was up to when he saw the hat.

As for everyone else who sees the hat and doesn't ask - I guess that speaks to a general *lack* of curiosity in most people.

"...clear as mud?"