What size vest would you like?

Jeremy

Thanks for everyone who responded to the last poll. It was close but the Hunter/Navy vest color had the lead towards the end.

Because it is a higher end, reversible fleece and nylon waterproof vest, with embroidery on both sides, the cost for manufacturing and shipping them through our vendor is $47.99.

Because of our limited budget we don't want to overcompensate (or undercompensate), so if you're interested in purchasing a vest please let me know the size you like. If you'd purchase more than one please post a message below.

We'll get a few extra, but a good ratio would help us out. Thanks!

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

2X,

I'm 6'2" and 220lbs and typically clothes run small in size. If they don't when I buy them they do after I wash them. icon_smile.gif

Like I said in the other thread if you want pre- payment I would have no problem with that. I will be ordering at least one vest to start and possibly go from there. When I say pre-payment I mean payment even before you order them.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Coming Around, New Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

And, y'know, even though I voted yellow for safety, the hunter green is starting to grow on me. See avatar and team name. icon_biggrin.gif

Hunter/Navy is starting to grow on me also, so is this strange looking fungus, I wonder if I should try washing once in a while.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Although I would personally order a mens 'Large' for myself (which is how I responded to the poll), I would also be interested in purchasing either a mens 'Small' or a youths 'Large' for my young fella' ...but I could only 'vote' once, so that second vest isn't reflected in the poll results. Since there's no differentiating between 'Mens' and 'Womens' sizes in the poll choices, I'm assuming that this particular item is 'Unisex' adult sizing and, unless you say otherwise, you're not yet contemplating 'Childrens' or 'Youth' sizes (although that mightn't be a bad idea).

quote:
Originally posted by SamLowrey:

"...Hunter/Navy is acceptable (though it would be nice to actually see a picture)..."

Did you take a look at the original 'What color?' poll recently? There's a pretty close approximation of what it would look like among the last few posts. I actually sampled the color swatches displayed beside the pic of the yellow vest to do the mock-up (as for the size of the logo, that was just my educated guess).

quote:
Originally posted by Cache Canucks:

...giants! Oh my!

All of these 6ft+ 'XXL's out there had me looking for some reference to GeoCachers in one of my kid's story books:

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/57962_3300.jpg

(a purely lighthearted post, with absolutely *no* offence intended)

Yeah, judging from people posting in discussion boards and calling radio talk shows, you would think that was the case.....

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by SamLowrey:

"...Hunter/Navy is acceptable (though it would be nice to actually see a picture)..."

Did you take a look at the original 'What color?' poll recently? There's a pretty close approximation of what it would look like among the last few posts. I actually sampled the color swatches displayed beside the pic of the yellow vest to do the mock-up (as for the size of the logo, that was just my educated guess).

Thanks. Yes, I did see that and I did read what had been done there to approximate it. It just seems so dark as to almost be black. I am hoping it turns out a little bit lighter. I know you can only go off of what is provided though - I'm not saying anything is wrong with the mock up which looks really good. It is hard to capture and reproduce colors like this, I believe. (And, yes, I am seeing it with two different monitors.)

Jeremy,

Are these men's sizes or women's sizes? I need a big comfy roomy one. I need to fit clothes under it too. And I still need to geocache off all the extra weight my previously sedentary life put on.

YAY! Hunter/Navy!!! Woo Hoo! First time ever voted for anything that one!

You're not counting these ballots in Florida are you?

Cache you later,

Planet

How about a try it on for size cache. One cache in the Pacific Northwest of course, where you could go to its coordinates, open the cache, try on the different sizes and check out what the green and blue is going to looks like and then post back here! Maybe the XL's really fit like an XXL...

(I haven't had lunch yet and am rather loopie) icon_biggrin.gif

Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.

quote:
Originally posted by Aladin Sane:

I am much amused by all these puny 6'3" 225 pounders being considered giants. Try 6'8" 260 lbs.

...I'm beginning to suspect that heights are being exaggerated to compensate for circumference. Either that, or there's a bunch of folks out there living waaayyyyy too close to a nuclear power plant. icon_wink.gif

Planet, I believe they are unisex so size appropriately.

Aladin, XXXL Tall, The XXXL part is fine but you shouldn't need a tall in a vest since the sleeves will be too short no matter what. icon_wink.gif Thats my problem I have long arms so I need things in tall sizes to accomadate and if they aren't I have to go with the 2X to get that little bit of extra length in the sleeve.

MysteryLady,

You haven't spent any time in Ohio lately have you? I think Rubbertoe has been looking for ya. icon_smile.gif You can see what I'm talking about here

Based on the responses we'll get both the forest and the yellow jackets, though more of the forest will be ordered. They should be available within 3 weeks, give or take.

I wear a medium normally, and the medium vest fit me very well, so they don't run large.

As for kids vests, we unfortunately need to hold off until we sell through a lot of the vests. Our relationship with Sunrise is good but not that good icon_smile.gif

Jeremy Irish

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Irish:

Based on the responses we'll get both the forest and the yellow jackets, though more of the forest will be ordered. They should be available within 3 weeks, give or take.

I wear a medium normally, and the medium vest fit me very well, so they don't run large.

As for kids vests, we unfortunately need to hold off until we sell through a lot of the vests. Our relationship with Sunrise is good but not that good icon_smile.gif

Jeremy Irish

I missed the original posting but they sound good. I just wish you all would get the one thing I keep asking for, Golf/Polo shirts. They are perfect for the casual office and would serve to get the word out more. icon_wink.gif

Bear

I thought I was a little off, then I looked at my GPS and discovered I accurate to 12 ft.

Geocachers don't NEED to ask for directions!

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Irish:

"...Based on the responses we'll get both the forest and the yellow jackets, though more of the forest will be ordered. They should be available within 3 weeks, give or take..."

Will the vests be available for sale simultaneously through the 'regular' GeoCaching.com retailers (in my case, GPS Central in Calgary), or only from the U.S. website? If the latter is the case, would that exclude non-U.S. customers from making a purchase?

quote:

Will the vests be available for sale simultaneously through the 'regular' GeoCaching.com retailers (in my case, GPS Central in Calgary), or only from the U.S. website? If the latter is the case, would that exclude non-U.S. customers from making a purchase?

These will be available via any International Geocaching.com gear Distributor that wishes to stock them. GPS Central, specifically, has been really good about stocking new items as they arrive so I would expect that they'll soon be available in Canada. You may want to let them know your size(s) as it will definitely help them to determine appropriate inventory levels.

Happy Geocaching!

Sincerely,

Rothstafari

Groundspeak

They are in They are in. How long have I been sitting here without one of these vests not knowing that they were for sale now.

You can find them here

May have to put this on my Xmas list. Hmmmm maybe before, we'll see.

Not so sure, Somewhat new Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

They are in They are in. How long have I been sitting here without one of these vests not knowing that they were for sale now.

You can find them here

May have to put this on my Xmas list. Hmmmm maybe before, we'll see.

Not so sure, Somewhat new Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02