Watching your caches being found

Being in an area that had few hidden caches we decided to bring the total up. Since I drive around for my job it is an easy way to place them and Butterfly usually goes with me. We have placed 26 since last Sept 2002 and now the weather is warming and the snow is going, the sleepy cachers are moving. great fun to check our cache pages and read the stories! As much fun as finding them! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Poikaa es Butterfly

(soon to have an avatar)

When I can't go geocaching I love hearing and reading about the different stories about people finding my caches. At the Michigan Geocaching Organization's recent gathering I even asked a few people how they liked my caches. If I had multiple bad comments, I would change the cache to make it better.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Faster than a dial-up Internet connection, stronger than any band nerd, look up at the sky! ....is it a bat..... no .....is it my grandma's mustache..... NO! IT'S RADMAN Version 2.0!

quote:
Originally posted by mudda:

My first cache was approved today! Can't wait 'till someone finds it.

Congrats on your First Placement and Approval...I was ready to get approval last week, but due to the High Water, the Ranger's office has been unaccessable. I have 2 boxes ready to go, but PA requires Approval from the EPA/DEP for geocaches placed in either State Forest land or State Parks.

Hopefully I will get to see the Ranger this Friday and see about placement of 2 caches.

Again Congrats on your First cache.

Robert

There is nothing like a Packrat who is a geocacher.

I've only placed one cache so far. It is near a pond in a little-known part of the Cleveland Metroparks. The first person to find it said that they have lived in the area for 30 years and didn't know that the pond was there. Another finder could remember swimming in the pond when he was younger and the pond was private property.

I enjoy reading logs like that for my cache. It means that I did something good for other people.

RichardMoore

Today's date would be easier to remember if they didn't change it every day. icon_rolleyes.gif

Knowing people enjoy finding our caches is definitely almost as good as finding everyone elses. As much as we don't like placing mini-caches, we've placed a couple and there will be few more within the next couple weeks. We figure it's the best thing to do until we find out how mother nature covers the ground. We don't like placing caches where there is a lot of poison ivy or poison oak, since a couple of us are very allergic to them. This is going to be the first full summer for some of us, so we are planning quite a few new caches, even before Memorial Day gets here.

I have one cache that is located near one of my normal driving routes. I now always look at both the area and the recommended parking location whenever I drive by there. I have actually seen two cachers at the location as I am driving (it's too far away to recognize individuals from that distance and with the speed limit that is posted for that road). It is such a cool feeling! I get home and can't wait to see the log notification pop up on my e-mail.

I like to get all my cache notifications, but when I can 'catch someone in the act', it's even better.

"Could be worse...could be raining"

We (wife and I) have two real caches and a virtual out there. We love to see them found. It's always fun to get that e-mail notification and see what they have to say about the cache and the area. My dad also has my caches on his Watch List because he enjoys the same thing. Planning on placing a couple more this Memorial Day weekend, too!